Epilogue

The picture on the side is of Phoenix!! ---->

Epilogue

Catherine's point of view

As I hear Blackwood threaten my mother, I have no other option than to reveal myself and give myself to his pack. My mother had done so much for me over the years, she doesn't deserve to be hurt because of me. 

As I step out to show myself to Blackwood, I hear a man jump out and yell, "Father, stop it!"  

I ignore him and shout, "Let her go!" I hear my father roar out in anger the same moment Blackwood tosses my mom aside like garbage. I am tempted to advance Blackwood for hurting my mother but I am stopped as the same man jumps in front of me and his charging father. A growl comes from his chest as he growls out, "Mine!"  

My eyes widen at his words as my wolf howls with delight. The sound of our wolf's voice sends tingles down my spine. He's. powerful. He's an Alpha's son, of course he's powerful. I watch the muscles on his back ripple as he crouches in front of me, protecting me from any danger. 

Pride fills me as I sigh, "Mate." 

The hot, mysterious man turns to look at me over his shoulder, a wide smile evident on his face. His forest green eyes meet mine, pulling me into a deep trance. He is the most beautiful man I have ever laid my eyes on. I have finally found him. My very own mate. 

As I stare at him, realization settles in. I am going to have to move. o am no longer allowed to live with my family. He is going to take me away from them.  

I frown. I have always been very close to my family, especially my siblings. I am going to miss River and Phoenix. They are my best friends. I am going go miss my Mama and Daddy. 

My mate gives me a concerned expression but is forced to turn his attention to his father. Blackwood has a grin on his face as he takes in the situation.  

My eyes flick over to my parents, panic consuming me. Now it's final, I have to go back with the Blackwoods to Colorado. My mother gives me a weak smile while my father gives me a sympathetic expression.They know that in the end, I will follow my mate home. 

"Catherine," I turn my attention to my mate, fully intent on what he has to say. "My name is Drew Blackwood. I am so happy to have finally found you." He steps closer to me, causing tingles to cover me. This close proximity is taking my breath away. He is most definitely the hottest man that has ever walked this Earth.  

"H-hello." I stutter, glancing at him with wide eyes. I lean back a little, trying to catch a breath of fresh air, considering his peppermint and pine scent is so strong. So strong and addicting. It's like a drug. I could smell him all day.

Drew smiles softly at my stuttering. How embarrassing. I never stutter. I am a strong girl, not weak and frightened. But he makes me nervous. What if I'm not good enough for him? What if he decides me being the Chosen is too much to handle and rejects me. 

I frown again, not wanting to be a disappointment. 

"Do not frown, Catherine." He reaches over and skims his fingers over my lips. He very cheesily pushes the corners up into a smile and I laugh softly. God, this man is making me act like a little child. 

"This is perfect!" Blackwood shouts with excitement, walking up to place a hand on Drew's shoulder and then throwing an arm around mine. I tense the same moment I hear my father snarl from across the yard. Blackwood takes my father's warning to heart and pulls away from me though he keeps a grip on Drew. "This no longer has to be a forced union. You two are mates, you will be united no matter what." Blackwood's words anger me, causing me to snarl and step away from them.