Chapter Four

Chapter Four

"It's a girl." He tells me. I feel my eyes widen and a smile grow on my face. It's a girl?! Seriously? A cute, mini girl version of Aiden? "She's beautiful, Summer. She looks just like you." I frown and look down at my lap. She doesn't look like Aiden? Aiden gently grabs my chin and turns me to look at him. "Hey... she's okay. She's healthy and strong." He says with a proud smile on his lips.

"She doesn't look like you... like at all?!" I ask, desperately wishing there was something in her that looks like Aiden. I need to see him in her... He has to be evident in her. Aiden chuckles as he brushes his thumb along the side of my cheek. 

"Well, she has my eyes and my nose." He says the last part with disgust. I don't know why, but for some reason, he doesn't like his nose... "But she has your hair," He runs his finger through my blond, wavy hair. "Your cheeks." His finger tips barely touch my skin. "And your lips." I feel my lips part when I realize he wasn't going to touch them with his fingers, but with his own. Our mouths mouth together softly fist, in a smooth dance. But it quickly gets intense and I pull him on the bed with me, ignoring the pain in my abdomen. 

I tangle my hands through his chocolate brown hair and hook a leg around his waist. Aiden moans and pulls back, obviously thinking we're going to far... especially since we're in a hospital... 

"I want to meet her." I say. Aiden frowns as he glances over my IV'd body. Then he nods and presses the call button on my bed. Not a moment later, I hear a nurse ask is she could help with anything. 

"My wife is awake and would like to meet our baby girl." He says. The nurse replies with an 'okay' and disconnects. I stare at Aiden as he plays with our joins fingers, tugging and twisting. "I love you, Summer." He whispers softly. I give him a small smile and admire his features. How was I so lucky to have such a handsome mate and husband like Aiden? He was the best man I could ever ask for, and I am glad he is the father of my daughter. 

"What is her name?" I ask. Aiden's green eyes instantly meet mine. He opens his mouth to tell me but he is cut off when the door opens and a nurse walks in with a baby craddled in her arms. The baby is sleeping and curled up, away from me so I couldn't see what she looked like from my angle. 

"Say hello to Catherine." She says. I feel my eyes widen a fraction before tears form in them. I glance at Aiden who brings our joint hands up to place a kiss on my fingers. His eyes never stray from me. 

"You named her after my mother..." I croak. Aiden doesn't say anything, just watches me carefully, as if I was about to black out again. I look over at the nurse and nod for her to bring my baby closer. I release Aiden's hand to hold my arms out for her. The nurse carefully hands over Catherine and I craddle her up agaisnt me.

I stare down at my buddle of joy, smiling proudly at the angel we created. Aiden quickly picks me up, situates us and sets me in front of him on the bed. I have no idea how he moved so quickly, but now he is in my spot and I'm sitting in between is legs, back pressed up against his chest. He wraps his arms around me and sets his chin on my shoulder. My heart tightens at the way we are all together. A baby in my arms and me in my mates. There couldn't be a better way to spend a morning. 

 Or afternoon. I'm not really sure what time it is. But I don't care. I'm in complete bliss. 

I brush my finger over her cheek gently and Catherine stirs. "I love you, baby girl. So much." Then her eyes open. And I am consumed into the liquid, warm, replication of Aiden's eyes. I grin proudly and stare into them. There. A piece of Aiden within her. She has my blond hair and his green eyes. It wasn't a common pair, but I found it very attractive. "Catherine." I try the name on her and I am glad that it fits her like a glove. My mother would be proud.