Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

~Thirteen Years Later~

It's her birthday. Tomorrow is her birthday. She will be turning eighteen and Blackwood will come claim her. And she has no idea that this is happening. She knows nothing of Blackwood, other than he is a powerful Alpha that isn't nearly as kind as her father. 

Catherine knows who she is. She now understands why she would train hours a day, why she shifted before she should. She knows why she is so much more powerful than all of us. But she is still submissive to Aiden and Aiden alone. 

River is still sixteen, waiting to turn seventeen a few months after Catherine. She is the only child of ours that knows of Blackwood and the deal we made with him. She was at first appalled with the fact we agreed to do this in the first place. But when Aiden said that my life and the lives of the pack were at stake, he had to make the logical choice, she understood the perdicament we were in. Plus there was the fact that we did not want to give up our baby girl.

Phoenix is almost sixteen. And he is the only one of my three children that has found their mate. Her name is Gabby, short for Gabriella. She is from this pack, meaning when Phoenix turned fifteen, he found her almost immediately. 

Catherine and River's mates must not be part of this pack. It's quite normal not to find your mate at the age of fifteen. Aiden, Kyle, Samantha, Jamie, Storm and I didn't, though Rain did. 

Panic consumed me as I watch my pack members set up her birthday decorations in the backyard. We decided to celebrate it a day early; so we could have one last day of happiness before our family gets torn to shreds by a ruthless, selfish jerk. 

As we set up the party, River and Phoenix have taken Catherine out shopping, buying her whatever it is she wanted. All three of them have grown extremely close to each other. They are always taking long runs together or playing board games or watching movies. 

Aiden takes a seat next to me on the couch, wrapping his arms around my shoulders. I glance over at my mate, frowning.

"I can't believe this day has actually come." I mutter, glancing down at my hands in my lap. I have been dreading this for eighteen years. Aiden places a soft kiss on the side of my head, holding me close to him. 

"Everything will be okay, Summer. Catherine is powerful enough to take down Blackwood and his pack. It'll all work itself out." He tells me, offering me a small smile. Aiden is still the most attractive man I have ever laid my eyes on. His smile lights up the whole room and his laughter sends butterflies to my stomach. No one could ever love someone as much as I love Aiden Ross.

"Auntie Summer!" I heard an angelic voice come from in front of me. I turn to see my beautiful niece standing with her hands behind her back. She beams at me; a goofy grin on her face. "Mama says she needs your help! She's in the upstairs bathroom." Meggy says. Yes. Megan is my baby sisters five year old blond angel. Rain also has a twelve year old, cocky, self-absorbed teenage boy. But of course, what teenage boy is not? The only reason Phoenix is no longer selfish and rude is because he found his mate and all his attention is on her instead of himself.

"Alright Meggy. Go tell Jack he needs to help out." I look over at my nephew who is sitting on a plastic lounge chair, playing on his phone. Meggy nods her head enthusiastically and hurries over to deliver my message. As she does that, I get up and kiss Aiden on his forehead and hurry up to my sister. I can hear her in the bathroom, throwing up. I frown. Werewolves don't throw up, unless...

I push the door open to see her heaving into the toilet. "Rain?" I whisper, walking over to place a hand on her back. "You okay?" She looks up at me with tired eyes as she nods her head. 

"I'm late." She says. I feel my eyebrows crunch together.

"No you're not. The party doesn't start for another hour. You have plenty of time!" I tell her. She must be losing it. Rain is never so disoriented! Rain glances up at me from the floor, her eyes watery with tears. 

"No. I'm late. My period is ten days late..." She whispers, biting her bottom lip to keep from crying. I feel my eyes widen as I stare down at her. No way... This is amazing! I squeal and do a happy dance. She's having another baby! 

"Does Kyle know?!" I ask her, kneeling down on the floor in front of her. She shakes her head, her eyes drooping with sadness. I feel my eyebrows come together in confusion. Why is she sad?

"What if he doesn't want another child. Dealing with Jack and Meggy has been hard on him, considering he's Beta and he is constantly helping Aiden. What if he just gets fed up and decides that-" I cut her off by placing a hand over her mouth. She is over thinking this. If I know anything about Kyle, I know that he loves his family more than anything. I also know that it is just the pregnancy getting to Rain. She doesn't truly doubt her mate. 

"Stop right there, Rain. You know that Kyle loves you. Very, very much. He would never be angry with the news of another child. It's been five years, it's quite a big age difference. And Jack is old enough to help out with the baby. You just need to whip that kid into gear!" I say, a smile on my face. She laughs, bowing her head. Then she nods and leans forward to wrap her arms around me. 

"I love you, Summer. So very much!" She places a kiss on my cheek and I help her stand up so we can get her cleaned up. Even though this is going to be a dreadful night-we will tell Catherine everything tonight-we will still make the best of this afternoon. The party is going to be grand and I will make sure that Catherine is as happy as she can be. Who knows... this may be the last birthday we will ever have together...

The picture on the side is Catherine now!