Chapter Ten

Aiden's POV

I quickly follow Rain and Kyle out of the cellar, knowing that she would have answers for me. How could this have happened?! She was right in front of me! I couldn't smell her. She has the most destinct smell in the world. I could smell it miles away. This doesn't make sense... 

I walk to the living room to see Rain sitting on the couch crying her eyes out. Kyle has a hand on her back, trying to soothe her. "I'm so sorry, Aiden. This is all my fault." She tells me when I move to stand right in front of her. She lifts her head to stare into my eyes, tears rolling down her cheek mercilessly. 

"How?" I ask. One simple word that has hundreds of questions behind it. 

"They used a spray called Lycotoctonum. It is also known as wolfsbane." I feel my eyes widen a fraction as I glare down at Rain, angry she hurt Summer. "Relax. There are chemicals in the spray that cause it to be harmless to wolves. But it does mask their scent. Which is why you couldn't smell Summer in the battle field." I hold in a growl as I give a death glare at Rain, but she isn't looking at me. She stands up and knits her eyebrows together.

"But you did. How did you smell Summer?!" She asks in an anxious, curious voice. 

"I didn't exactly smell Summer herself, but the spray. I've been around it many times to know what it is and I had a feeling it was a female from one of the many packs that ignored their Alpha's commands." He gives her a pointed look as he says this and I have a small smirk on my face. It's please to see Rain get lectured about disobeying me by Jimmy. He is always the sweet, positive one.

"We know how to fight-" She starts to explain.

"I don't care!" I roar, my wolf threatening to come out at the thought that Summer was taken away because Rain made it possible for Summer to partake in the battle. 

"Well you should! Why don't you get you head out of your ass and pay attention! Summer is a very powerful She-wolf. She was only a Beta in our old pack, but she was stronger than our Alpha. I know you want to protect her because she is your mate, but she also has your interests at heart as well. Why do you get to fight for the people you love and we do not?" She asks, taking a deep breath to calm herself. I stare at her for a second, completely shocked at Rain's words. 

"It really doesn't matter. What happened, happened. Right now, Rain is in Colorado with Blackwood and we need to get her back!" Storm says, coming out of nowhere, eager and determined. Jamie is attached to his arm, holding him close. 

"How do we do that?" Kyle asks, scrunching his eyebrows together. 

"We have to find out what he wants first." I tell them in a defeated voice, because I already know the answer. They want an exchange. Catherine for Summer.

Summer's POV

I try to rub the pain away that is taking place on my wrists. They are in shackles, chained up to a wall. I feel completely disgusted. What kind of man ties up women and leaves them in a cell to rot away?! I mean, they give me little food but it's barely enough to satisfy my wolf.

I lean my head back against the wall and pray that Aiden will find me. It's already been three days and I'm scared that I will lose my daughter by the time this is all over. I can't let these bastards touch her. They will turn her into a sex slave and use her for power. No. She will find her mate. Her true love and they will get married and have beautiful children. She will not be given to these men.

The door to the cell opens and I peek to Blackwood walk in. He drops a plate of bread by my feet and I reach over to snatch the bread. I devour it in mere seconds. He has a small smile on his face, pleased that I was starving and becoming weak. Maybe that is the reason he is doing this. When Aiden comes, he wants me weak and vulnerable. It will anger Aiden, push him over the edge. 

"Go away." I grumble, turning to curl up into a ball and pray that this could be over very soon. 

"Don't be like that, precious. I just thought you would like some company." He says in mock sweetness and sincerity. I turn my head to glare at him.

"From you? No thanks." I snap. His eyes darken a shade and he looks as if he is about to strike me. His wolf is eager to come out but Blackwood restrains him and he marchs out. 

"Don't worry. You'll be out of here soon. You pathetic excuse of a mate is almost here. And guess who he brought along with him?" He chuckles as he locks the cell back up and retreats. I snarl loudly and move to fight against the shackles. My wolf is on edge and she is desperate to come out and slaughter everyone from this pack. 

Summer? Summer can you hear me? I hear inside my head. Feeling my heart beat pick up, I smile sweetly and curl back into a ball, closing my eyes. 

I'm here. I can hear you. Aiden, you can't give them Catherine. 

I'm not. But I need to get you back home. Don't worry about anything, angel. I'll get you out of there. He says, his voice husky even through the mind link.

Hmm. Is all I say. His voice brings me such comfort and I feel myself about to fall asleep for the first time in three days. 

I'm very angry with you Summer. I wish you would have stayed home. He says in a pained, troubled voice. 

But if I had, you'd be dead. I say, wincing at the memory of him being double teamed. If I hadn't gotten that wolf off of him, who knows if he'd still be breathing right now. I do not regret going to fight. 

It isn't your job to sav-

Yes it is. You're my mate. I let out a frustrated groan. Can we please not fight? I'm exhausted... sing me to sleep? I ask in a sweet, princess voice. He chuckles but sure enough, he is singing to me and I am able to fall asleep with a smile on my face. 

I know it's short but I had work and I'm exhausted! Lol please tell me what you think!!! 

Xoxo Charlotte!