Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven 

I wake up with a kink in my neck and I hiss in pain when I move too quickly to sit up. I feel Blackwood before I see him and I glare over at his silhouette. He's barely visible in the corner of the room, sitting on a stool. He's cutting apple with a chef knife and I wince at the size of it. 

"Would you like a piece?" He asks, moving to slip his hands through the bars to give me a slice of the apple. My stomach growls and I snatch it, devouring it in two bites. I moan as my taste buds are bathed with familiar juices of the tart Honeycrisp. 

It's silent for a moment and I lean my head back against the wall, closing my eyes. "He's here." He hops to his feet and runs upstairs. I begin to panic as I try to awake my wolf so I can use her sensative hearing. But she is so weak. She gave me all of her strength and energy to keep my alive while she slowly deteriorates and I mourn at the fact I might lose my wolf. 

Even the mind link between Aiden and myself has been cut off and I sniffle, desperately wanting to know what is happening. 

There are footsteps coming down the stairs and I peek to see Blackwood walk over with a set of keys. I open my mouth in astonishment as he opens my door and comes to uncuff me. No. Aiden cannot have given my daughter to them! NO! 

I begin to cry at the idea but allow Blackwood to take me upstairs. When I'm in the living room of their pack house, I have to squint at the bright light. I haven't been exposed to sunlight in almost a week. 

When my eyes adjust, I take in Aiden standing with Storm and Rain. I let out a cry and weakly run over to throw myself into Aiden's arms. He picks me up and doesn't hesitate to craddle me close. I glance over my shoulder to see Rain holding Catherine.  

"I'm giving you guys a day to say goodbye to her. When the sun rises tomorrow, I will be by your hotel to pick Catherine up." Blackwood says, sounding soft and as if he is in pain himself.  I let out a strangled cry as I bury my face into Aiden's neck. He shushes me but gives the other Alpha a nod before he rushes out of the pack house. Once we get to my Jeep, he places me into the passenger seat and I watch as Rain and Storm join Kyle and Jamie in the Camaro. Aiden takes Catherine from Rain and places her in the car seat in the back. 

"Go to the store and buy food for Summer." Aiden orders as he climbs into the drivers seat and speeds us away from the house. He has an angry look on his face and I can't help but stare at him. He's giving up our daughter? How can he just give her up to suddenly and easily?

"Don't give me that look." He snarls as he does a sharp turn, making me whack against the car door. I moan in pain and Aiden reaches over to grab my hand, rubbing his thumbs over my knuckles. "I'm not giving Catherine up."

"Then what is your plan?" I ask, turning to glance at my sleeping baby. She has a small smile on her lips and I can't help but smirk. She is definitely the most beautiful baby I have ever seen. Aiden parks the car at a Best Western and I turn my attention back to him.

"Just trust me." Is all he says as he moves to come pick me up but I push his hands away and get out of the car myself. I open the back seat and reach over to grab Catherine. As I hold her close to me, I lift my eyes to see Aiden take in me and our baby. There is a prominent smile on his lips but his eyes don't match. They look sad and defeated. I went to ask him what was wrong but he takes Catherine and kisses her cheek. 

"You're weak. Let's get you in bed and some food." He grabs my hand while holding Catherine on his hip. Aiden leads me inside where he signs us in a classic, one bed room. I grab the keys with my free hand since he is currently occupied with my other and Catherine. Since the room is on the third floor, we walk down the hall and stop at room 112. I open the door and we step in. I move to the bed and turn to see Aiden drop a bag on the floor. I never noticed him carrying a bag... I must really be exhausted. 

Feeling gross considering I haven't showered in almost a week, I tell Aiden, "I'm going to take a shower." I tell him. He gives me a nod and I head over to the small bathroom. When I close the door, I look into the mirror and I take in my short hair. It's actually gone. Feeling my lips tremble, I try to keep the tears from falling. 

Once in the shower, I go to shampoo my hair and it is extremely strange to not have my fingers run through my long hair. It feels like Aiden's hair, like I'm washing his instead of mine. The thought makes my stomach knot. It will take a very long time for me to get my hair back to the length I had it. I taste my tears mixed with the water as it seeps through my parted lips. I use the wall to brace myself as my legs shake. I need food. And when I hear a knock on the door, I know it's Rain baring food. Instantly, I catch a whiff of Chinese food. My stomach growls and I cut my shower short. 

After changing into my pajamas, I throw open the door and rush out to see Aiden setting up a plate for me. I glance to see Catherine asleep on the bed and I smirk. If only it could stay like this. Aiden walks over to me and grabs my hand gently. "Come eat." He murmurs. 

Sitting down, I shove the food into my mouth and moan at the spicy taste of Orange Chicken. I move on to the Chow Mien and take note as Aiden sits down and watches me. I lift my eyes to catch him but he doesn't seem embarrassed or ashamed at being caught. In fact, he smiles and reaches over to stroke my cheek. "You're beautiful." I blush but shake my head. "Summer, even if you were bald, missing teeth and scarred, you'd still be beautiful to me. I do miss you long hair, because I like running my fingers through it, but this new style is...sexy." He says the last word in a purr, his voice husky and deep. 

I smile widely and lower my eyes, embarrassed. Opening my mouth to respond, a yawn takes over and it's extremely loud and unattractive. Aiden bursts out laughing I reach over to punch his arm. I hear Catherine let out a soft cry and I give Aiden the evil eye, telling him this is his fault. I get to my feet and walk over grab Catherine and coo to her, shushing her. Aiden heads over and plops down on the bed and when Catherine finally calms down, he opens his arms for me. 

I take Catherine with me as I snuggle into his arms. Aiden holds me close and I place Catherine on her back, placing my hand over Aiden's which is lightly on her belly. Catherine falls asleep quickly and I begin to shut my eyes. Aiden places a sweet kiss on my shoulder. 

"I thought I lost you." He whispers. His words hit a soft spot and it makes my stomach drop. I feel nauseous and the sudden urge to cry. I need to stop crying. I'm again with my mate and I'm happy. "I hate that you fought. Summer, what if you were killed? I couldn't-"

"Hey..." I roll over and place a hand on his mouth. "I'm here. I'm here with you." I kiss him sweetly but passionately. "But you cannot give Catherine to him. I will not allow you to give them our daughter." Aiden makes a move to speak but hold my hand tighter on his mouth. He groans. "I did not fight in that battle just to give her up.  You're alive and you till take her home."

"No." He growls out. I give him a soft smile and move to place my forehead against his. "Summer, I'm serious. I'm not giving you up." 

"So you'll give up Catherine?" I ask, staring into his eyes. Aiden hesitates, his mouth open slightly. I knew his answer. 

"We'll come up with something." He mutters. I sigh and shake my head. "We will. Don't jump to conclusions like that. I'm not letting you go back to that hell hole, you won't make it..." His voice breaks at the end and I swear I see him getting teary eyed.

"I need my daughter to be safe. I will not allow her to be given to Blackwood to be made a sex slave-"

"She won't be! We'll think so something!" Aiden growls. I glare at him and slap a hand over his mouth.

"Don't yell." I yell in a whisper.  He lets out a frustrated sigh as he drops his head onto my shoulder. "If we don't think of something, you will take Catherine home and leave me here." Aiden shakes his head and I close my eyes, tangling my fingers through his hair. He moans and places a kiss to my shoulder.

"I love Catherine, Summer. I want you to know that I love her so much." He pulls back to stare at me. I give him a soft smile. 

"I know."

"But you are the most important person to me. I will do everything in my power to keep my two girls with me, okay? Just trust me." He says in a desperate voice. I watch him, taking in his pleading eyes and determined expression. So I nod and lean over to kiss his cheek.

"Okay. I trust you."