Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

Jamie grips my hand tightly as Rain wraps her arms around my free one. I am held back with Catherine in Storms arms. Kyle and Aiden stand in front of us, their shoulders taunt and ridged. Their hands are clenched in fists while Blackwood steps toward Aiden, his eyes burning with rage. His jaw is tense as he tries to restrain himself. 

"We made a deal." With his words, his eyes dart over to Catherine and the baby girl starts to cry. My heart clenches and I move to grab her. Storm's eyes take in my movements and he opens his mouth slightly, his eyebrows crunching together. Then he nods to Jamie who releases my hand. I grab Catherine and hold her close when Rain also releases me. I glare at Blackwood.

"You're not touching my daughter." Aiden says in a calm yet defiant voice. I watch as my mate has a stare down with the opposite Alpha. Blackwood let's out an exasperated sigh. 

"I'd hate to have to hurt your mate, Aiden. Hand over Catherine and you guys can go create another baby." He spits at my mate. Aiden snarls loudly. I frown. We cannot create another baby. I am not capable of going through labor again. Catherine is our one and only. 

"You touch Summer, and I will rip you to shreds!" He threatens, his back hunching slightly as his wolf fights to come out. Kyle places a hand on his shoulder and tells him to calm down. Blackwood tsk's his tongue and then looks at this packmates around him. He licks his lips while he nods.

"You know what to do." He grumbles in a tired voice. The warriors of the Tarkington pack turn their heads to stare at us before they morph into their wolves and charge for us. Aiden instantly shifts, along with Kyle and Storm. Jamie follows suit short after while I hand Catherine over to Rain and shift. I stand right in front of my sister and daughter, baring my teeth at the wolves. They seem to dominate my small team of wolves, but they don't kill them. They just pin them down.

Wolves circle around me and I snarl, glaring at the five wolves. They have a look of amusement in their eyes. 

"Stop." Blackwood says. The wolves step back and I snap my head over at the Alpha. "Give us Catherine, or you die." I snarl at his offer as I feel the hair on my back stand up. Blackwood walks over to a quivering Rain as she turns so she shields Catherine from the crude man. I move to bite at his leg but I am pinned down by the five wolves, their teeth sinking into different parts of my body. I whimper as I stare up at my sister and daughter.

"Don't!" I hear a strong, powerful voice boom. I feel my eyes roll to the sound and I watch as Aiden walks away from a limp wolf that had blood pouring from his neck. I gasp at the nude Aiden as he marches over to the wolves on me and shoves them off. They do nothing but move in the direction they are pushed. "I'll make another deal." Aiden offers, placing a hand on the top of my head, scratching it. I feel my eyes widen at his words. 

"Another deal? What may that be, Aiden Ross?" Blackwood says with a grand smile as he rolls his eyes. 

"We will raise Catherine. We will train her to be a proper wolf and help her with her powers as The Chosen. After, at the age of eighteen, we will give her to you." I lift me head to look at Aiden, baring my teeth at my mate. How could he offer such a thing?! He wants us to get rid of Catherine at the age of eighteen?! He wants us to raise her and love her and then just give her up?!

Aiden glances down at me and tugs lightly on my ear, telling me keep quiet. He then looks back at Blackwood who has his eyes narrowed. "How do I know you're telling the truth?" Blackwood asks. Aiden shrugs.

"I guess you can't really. But if I am lying, you can kill me yourself." He mumbles, a small frown on his face. I feel my legs shake at the thought of losing Catherine. Not my baby girl. I need her. She has to be mine, she has to stay within this pack! 

 Blackwood seems to ponder the offer deeply. I didn't like this offer any more the first one. The both ended with the same result. I lose my baby girl.

"Alright. Fine. You raise Catherine Ann Ross and when she is eighteen, I will return to claim her for my son. Is that understood?" Blackwood snarls. I whimper at the thought of my daughter being betrothed to the offspring of such a vile man.  It makes my insides churn and my heard squeeze tight. I hate him. So much.

"Fine." Aiden snap and Blackwoon nods before he turns and tells his Beta to get clothes for the shifted wolves, including one's from my pack. Aiden squats down and stares me in the eye. His scratches the top of my head and I can't help but glare at him. He's giving up on our daughter. "It's going to be alright, angel. I promise." He leans over and places a sweet kiss on my nose. His eyes are full of determination and confidence that I believe him. If Aiden says it's going to be alright, than it is. 

I do not know that my charming, crazy and loving mate has planned, but I know that he will find a way to make us all happy again. He will keep his word and protect the one's he loves. Because that is the type of Alpha that he is. 

When the clothes arrived, Aiden standing in from of me, blocking everyone's view of me and I shift back. He quickly throws a huge shirt over me and it reaches down to my thighs. He slips on a pair of basketball shorts and nothing else. He grabs my hand as I take Catherine from Rain and set her on my hip. With that, Aiden leads me and my now fully clothes packmates out of Blackwoods packhouse. I never want to go back to that god-awful place ever again. It was gruesome. Nothing like Aiden's packhouse. 

I join Aiden in the Jeep with Catherine in the baby seat. She falls asleep quickly and I can't help but smile at her. When I get in the passenger seat, Aiden puts the car in drive and reaches over to grab my hand. "What do you have planned?" I ask when we are out of hearing range. He glances over and smirks. 

"Catherine is the Chosen, Summer. She will be stronger than any werewolf on the face of this planet. She will be able to wipe out a whole pack if needed. We will train Catherine to fight, to defend herself. When the time comes for Blackwood's son to claim her, Catherine will be able to chose. If she wants to go, she can. But if she doesn't, she'll be able to slaughter all of Tarkington's pack." She tells me with a proud smile. I glance back at Catherine and frown. That little munchkin was going to kill all of those people? I know that Aiden says is true, but it is still so hard to imagine, to wrap my head around it. 

"I don't like the idea of her killing people." I grumble. Aiden reaches over and grabs my chin gently, turning me to face him once we are stopped at a red light.

"It is her job to bring peace to the werewolf world. She will be fine, she won't be a ruthless murderer, not when she has a sweet, innocent mother like you." He says with a small smile. I can't help but grin back at him. "I love you Summer Montgomery. And I always will."