Chapter Five

Chapter Five

I stare at Aiden as beads of sweat drips down his forehead. Jimmy was giving no mercy to his Alpha. He knew this was life or death and didn't cease his actions, no matter how angry or hurt Aiden was. But his words are ringing in my ears. It's the pack Rain and Kyle joined. Could it be true? My own sister plotted to kill my mate? And Kyle?! His best friend from childhood?! 

This just doesn't seem right. They would never do this. I don't care how angry they are at us for sidelining them, they would never plan to kill us. Something must have happened to them...

"Were they there?" I ask. Aiden turns his head to look at me, his eyebrow creased. I know the pain was excruciating and I was proud of his strength. He stares me in the eyes and then shakes his head. 

"No." He hisses out between set teeth. I give his hand a squeeze and place a kiss to his knuckles. Good. If they weren't there... then maybe they didn't have anything to do with it... right? Aiden gave my a doubtful look but them brought our joint hands to his quivering lips. I gave him a weak smile. "I want to believe that, just as much as you. But its highly unlikely." He says in a calm voice. His shaking stops and I glance to see that Jimmy was now sewing his stomach back up. 

"Don't be a Debbie Downer." I poke his cheek, smiling at his pout lips when I do so. Then he glances down at his stomach and stands up. "Aiden, lay back down!" I shriek, scared he'll reopen the stitches. I'm not really good with blood. Even the stitches make me queasy. 

"I'm find, Summer. Let's go get out little girl and lay in bed. I'm exhausted." He tells me. I smirk and nod my head. Aiden snakes an arm around my waist and pulls me close, but I am sure to stay clear of his stomach. When Aiden notices, he huffs and them picks me up bridal style. 

"Show off." I grumble, looping my arms around his neck. The smile doesn't seem to disappear. In fact, it grows. I lean over and kiss him sweetly on the lips. 

"I love you, Sum." He says and then I'm placed gently on the bed. I moan at the familiar mattress. I missed this bed when I was in the hospital. I curl up into fetal position and stare up at Aiden who has a coy smirk on his face. He leans down to kiss my head and then leaves. I am amazed at how he is able to do this... Shouldn't he be in bed-rest for a few days?! I know I would be. Not because I need to be but because he wants me to...

It must be his stupid Alpha blood...

Aiden returns and places a sleeping Catherine in my arms. I grin and hold her close, careful not to squish her or hurt her. Aiden gets in bed behind me and pulls me against his chest. I nearly jump away and glare at him. "You need to lay on your back! I don't want to reopen those stitches!" I would feel bad for Jimmy, all his hard work ruined in less than five minutes. 

Aiden ignores me, as usual and pulls me close to him, resting his face into the crook of my neck. His arm rests on my hip and his hand lays gently over mine, which is holding Catherine's. I grin at this. I could already tell that Aiden is going to be a protective father. He's always so protective of me, I know that he will be more so of our little girl. She's his little angel. 

"You're my angel. She's my sunshine." He corrects. I grin like a maniac as he places a sweet kiss on my shoulder. It was relaxing. I close my eyes and allow myself to fall asleep into his warm embrace.

I wake up to an obnoxious knocking. Catherine is crying my arms and I instantly hold her close, sit up and rock her. I coo at her, while watching Aiden yank open the door angrily. "WHAT?!" He screams. Catherine cries louder and I hold her even closer, making sure I'm not squeezing her too much or suffocating her. 

"Aiden." I whisper. He glances over and then walks to us. He places a kiss to Catherine's head and remarkably, she calms down a little. Her sniffles are still evident but the cry has definitely stopped. 

Aiden turns back to the person who is standing in the door frame. It's Samantha who has an angry look on her face. Aiden growls lowly and pushes past her, marching out of the room. I jump to my feet and hurry after him, sure to not drop Catherine. Her hands tangle in my hair. It would be painful for a human, but I'm used to hair getting yanked out in fights. I'm immune to it. 

Once I get downstairs, I realize why Aiden is angry. Standing in our living room is the two people I last expected....

Kyle and Rain. 

I walk over at glare at them. Rain's eyes snap to me and then the baby. "I heard you had a girl and that Aiden named her after our mother. Thank you." She says in a sweet but pained voice. I squint at her while Aiden just stands frozen, glaring. "Can I hold her?" She steps towards us and I spin away the same moment Aiden stands in front of us and lets out a vicious growl. 

"Sammy, take Catherine out of here." I hand my daughter to my best friend. She takes my baby and rushes out of the room. I grab Aiden's hand when I turn back to the two people in front of us. "Why are you here?" I snap.

"We're here..." Rain stops and lets out a breath. "To explain."

Hey guys! I know it's short but I have to go to Michigan. Don't worry! There will be more tom! Thanks for reading!

XOXO Charlotte