Prologue

"Ayie!" They teased me as the boy older than me gave me a valentine's gift. I accepted it, of course! Hindi naman siya ang nagbigay talaga pero ang tanga ng lalaking pinagpapaabot niya sa akin ng gift dahil pinagsigawan pa ang pangalan niya.

I was silently sitting and watching some couple who were being sweet and cringe to each other when someone came to me and handed me a gift, I expected that someone will give me but not personally! Iniiwan lang nila sa locker ko or ilalagay sa desk ko kapag wala ako, shy type people who are afraid of rejections.

They know I don't like accepting gifts and so I am not that pretty to have a lot of admirers, sobrang ganda ko lang, jk.

I expected one who likes me...walang palya ang pagbibigay niya ng gift tuwing may okasyon, it's fine okay? Pero hindi ba siya nagsasawa?

"Manahimik kayo." I glared at them and went back to my seat. Hindi naman araw-araw itong nangyayari pero feeling ko lagi akong badtrip araw-araw dahil sa kanya.

Can't he see? I don't like him the way he does to me. Masyado siyang tahimik at seryoso sa pag-aaral. I don't like that kind of guy, gusto ko 'yong medyo bad boy. Nababasa ko sa mga novel mas nakaka-attract daw mga bad boy kaysa sa mga good boy, agree ako.

Tinamad na tuloy akong umalis sa upuan ko dahil baka tuksuhin na naman ako ng mga estudyante, like I care though, naiinis lang ako.

I silently stood up with my chin up, holding the little box that given to me. I went to the nearest but hidden trash can, I throw the box and rolled my eyes.

As I turned my back to walk again, I saw him...with his jaw clenched and fist closed he went to me. My jaw dropped by his sudden move. Napaatras ako nang konti.

He tower me, I looked up at him with my lips pursed. I am not afraid of him! Never.

"Why did you throw that?" He calmly said and looked down at me, like I'm a kid or something he can step on!

"Because I don't like it." I shrugged off my thoughts.

"What do you want then?" Naging malamyos ang tanong niya.

I rolled my eyes and fixed my glasses. "Stop bothering me, that's all I want." I said bluntly.

That's the truth! I want him to stop bothering me. He's 19 years old and I am just 15! He's in grade 12 and I'm still in my grade 8, how on earth can he like me?!

"Why?" His forehead creased.

Anong why? Dapat ba may rason? I can't like a guy older than me! I like a guy who is at my age!

"Because I say so! Why don't you stop liking me? Find someone at your age!" I said and scoffed.

He raised his brow. Something I found cute...no! Oh no.

His lips parted. "Do you think I can? If I can, then I would stop." He softly said and step backward, he then fixed his hair by his fingers.

"You can! I know you can like someone at your age. And I don't like you, I hope that's enough for you to get rid of your feelings---"

He shook his head in disbelief. "You can't dictate me, Amethyst."

My ear bled. Did he just call me by my full name? Oh my gosh, I would die early!

"It's Yaz for you!" I shouted and glared at him.

His side lips raised and he put his index finger and thumb on his chin, pinching his chin repeatedly.

"Okay Yaz," he said gently. I gulped. "I don't like someone at my age nor on your age. I only like yo---"

I cut him off. "Stop! Kilabutan ka nga. I'm still minor and you're in a legal age. You'll be called pedophile!"