twenty-four

𝔄𝔣𝔱𝔢𝔯 a few uncomfortable minutes, the door was opened by a round woman who bustled in quickly. Another woman entered, taller and with a sense of poise, shutting the door behind her. They conversed in another language, leaving you awkwardly out of the conversation, until the shorter woman nodded and uncuffed your wrist with a barrage of words. You assumed she was warning you not to go anywhere. 

The woman made a couple notations, looking at you, and said something to her companion, who nodded and handed the shorter woman an already-made garment. 

"Dress." The woman said, abruptly handing you the bundle. 

"Um, here?" You trailed off weakly, seeing that they made no move to leave. "Alright." You turned your back on the women and changed into the clothes they'd provided. The cloth was the dark blue you'd been wearing earlier that day, which you now knew was one the Kozmiran Crown Prince's colors, and the hem was uncomfortably shorter than you were used to, hitting a few inches above your knees. 

Given that it fit perfectly in other areas, you guessed that it was either the style of the dress or had been tailored to somebody shorter than you. 

From the woman's "Good," You realized it was most likely the former. Without any more words, the two left-- but not before re-cuffing your hand. You awkwardly shifted on the floor, trying to find a comfortable position that still prevented the dress from riding up. 

The door opened again, minutes later. You felt a rush of relief when you saw Kid Blink, and then remembered you were still angry with him. 

"Why're you sitting on the floor, Princess?" He said with a puzzled look, not seeing the cuff from his point of view. 

"Oh, it's ever so comfortable. I'm surprised it isn't the fashion." You said sarcastically, raising your hand up for him to see. 

He frowned, quickly making his way over and holding your wrist. "I'll be right back." He said upon inspection of the cuff, dropping your hand and leaving the room again. You sighed, not having had the chance to properly berate him. But you supposed that would wait until you were properly seated. 

Soon Blind Diamond returned, key in hand. He paused to lock the door behind him, stringing both the key to the cuff and the door key on a long cord and slipping it around his neck before heading to you and unlocking the leather cuff that attached to the sofa leg. Offering you a hand, he pulled you up and let you sit down on the sofa itself, taking a seat opposite you. 

He shamelessly ran his eyes up and down you as you sat, letting out a soft but audible whistle. You shot him a glare. 

"What?" He said innocently. "I waited 'til you were out of the handcuffs." 

Your glare only deepened as he shot you that grin. 

"You do look good in my colors." He said, dropping the smile but otherwise remaining unaffected by your glare. "Really good, in fact." 

"It's everything I've always wanted." You deadpanned. 

"I'm sure." He said, smile returning, and you found yourself wondering if he always misunderstood your sarcasm on purpose. You had a sneaking suspicion he did. "Now, we need to figure some things out. You've done a real good job so far playing the Pretty Princess, but it's gonna get trickier from now on." 

"And what do you suggest?" You replied, raising an eyebrow. 

"You act like you've fallen in love with me." He said promptly. 

After a few minutes during which you fear you stared with your jaw slightly dropped, you uttered a faint "Excuse me?" 

"You act like you've fallen in love with me, I'll say I'd rather have you than your sister, and that will give me time to figure out what to do. Easy and enjoyable."