Chapter Five: Louis' POV

Harry, Niall and I were the last three to get up the next morning. By the time I rolled out of bed, the vintage clock hanging on the wall read ten past twelve. I jumped into the shower before Niall hogged it and ran into the kitchen twenty minutes later, dressed in a pair of dark tan chinos with a white knitted jumper and black Vans on my feet.

Everyone else was up and dressed in the kitchen, sitting around the table and nibbling on bits of breakfast. Perrie was perched on Zayn's lap, the two of them looking at each other like no one else mattered. Danielle and Liam were keeping it more simple, the two of them sitting on separate chairs, Liam's arm wrapped around Danielle's shoulder, Danielle snuggling into Liam's chest. I felt a pang of jealousy when I saw the two couples together, which was a new thing for me, and I turned away to distract myself from them.

Obviously, my attention wandered to Charlotte. She was sitting next to Harry, looking stunning with her makeup done simply and her ginger hair straight in a sporty ponytail. She was dressed in a pair of tight grey fleecy trackie bottoms, a hot pink Superdry hoodie, on top of a white top and with black Vans on her feet. I grabbed a hash brown and sat down in the empty seat next to Charlotte. We smiled at each other and I felt my body tingle.  

"Our feet match." I said, pointing to Charlotte's shoes. She laughed.  

"So they do." She said, standing up. She walked over to the door and opened it before turning around to face us.  

"Guys I'm going for a run. I'll stop by and see Ellie on the way back as well so it'll probably be evening by the time I get home. Help yourselves to anything in the house just don't go into my bedroom. Please." Charlotte said. She waved to us before walking out the door and jogging in the direction of the forest to the right of the house. When she was gone, I turned to look at the others.  

"So, what should we do today then?" Harry asked, stretching out in his seat.  

"Well I was gonna say we could go see Ellie, seeing as the girls haven't met her yet but we probably shouldn't if Charlotte's there." Zayn said, kissing Perrie's neck. There it was again! That feeling of jealousy!! We all ended up heading into the living room where an intense film picking session went on. The girls wanted Bride Wars. Liam wanted Toy Story. Niall and I wanted Grease and Harry and Zayn wanted The Woman in Black. In the end, we ended up watching whatever was on TV. Which turned out to be My Sister's Keeper. So not a good choice.

The film's about a girl called Kate, who has leukaemia. Her younger sister, Anna, has been poked and prodded all her life so that she can donate her kidney to keep Kate alive. But Anna sues her parents because of the way she's had to donate. At the end of the film, Kate dies and as the credits rolled, we all sat there, crying as we thought of Ellie. 

"Oh my god, Liam, do you think Ellie's gonna die?" Danielle sobbed into Liam's chest. Liam kissed Dani's hair and stroked her back.  

"She's got terminal cancer, babe." he said gently. "That means that it'll kill her."

The full force of what Liam said hit me like a bullet. Ellie is going to die. That beautiful, amazing, funny little girl will be lying in a coffin in a year. A tear rolled down my cheek as I thought of Charlotte.

Twenty minutes later, Harry stood up. He wiped away his tears and looked at us.  

"Guys, why don't we play a game?" he said in an attempt to cheer us all up. We all nodded and slid off the sofa.  

"Yeah, we can't stay like this all day." Liam said.  

"Truth or Dare?" Perrie suggested. We all nodded and sat in a circle on the floor. Harry ran into the kitchen and returned about three minutes later with an empty coke bottle. He placed it in the middle of the circle and spun it. It landed on Niall. Hee hee.

"Niall, truth or dare?" Danielle asked ominously. I saw Niall gulp.

"Erm, Truth?" he said, making it sound like a question. Just as Danielle opened her mouth to say something, Niall yelled. "I want backup!!!!! Harry, Louis!!!!!" We both sighed but agreed to take part in the dare. Danielle smirked and whispered something to Liam, who whispered something to Zayn, who snogged Perrie before whispering something to her. Danielle giggled.

"Who are the three of you crushing on right now?" she asked.

"Charlotte." I said.

"Charlotte." Harry admitted awkwardly. We all turned to look at Niall, who was blushing.

"Niall?" Zayn asked ominously. "Who do you fancy?" Niall gulped.

"Erm, Charlotte." he said.

Ooooh, awkward.