Chapter Twelve: Charlotte's POV

A/N: Helloooo, sorry for the reeeally slowly updates, I've had a lot on so yeah sowwy and I will try to update more often ;)

Anywhooo, enjoy this chapter xxxxxx

*********

Louis and I left for the hospital at eleven the next morning. I was dressed in a pair of red skinnys with a white top with REBEL written on it in black, a grey Superdry hoodie and white Nike high-tops. I'd straightened my hair and tied it up in a sporty ponytail, keeping my makeup subtle as always.

Louis and I sat next to each other in Louis' snazzy black BMW as we drove to the hospital, singing along obnoxiously loudly to Taylor Swift's new album.

We arrived outside the dull grey building and I smiled. It's been four whole days since I saw my little angel. I took Louis' hand and we walked into the hospital.

I opened the door to Ellie's room softly. Ellie was sitting up in bed, watching the TV. She turned to look at Louis and me and her face lit up when she saw us. Louis sprinted over to her and scooped her up, spinning her around and kissing her forehead. He balanced her on his hip as I hugged my little sister, kissing every inch of her little head.

"OH MY GOD YOU TWO, CONGRATS!!!!!!!" Ellie yelled when I'd finished kissing her. Louis and I both smiled.

"Thanks baby." Louis said, laying Ellie down gently on her hospital bed and sitting on a plastic chair next to her, pulling me onto his lap. Ellie snuggled up against us as she made us tell her about mine and Louis' date yesterday, awwing at every last detail.

We'd been with Ellie for about three hours when Sarah walked in. I smiled at her and she looked sympathetically at me.

"Charlotte, could you please come into the hallway? I need to talk to you." She said. I nodded and stood up, kissing first Louis then Ellie.

I walked out into the hallway and waited for Sarah to say something.

"The doctors have found out the day Ellie will go." Sarah said softly. I bit my lip, not wanting tohear the answer.

"10th March." Sarah said.

"Twenty-three days from now." We said together. At this, I broke down.

"I'm not ready, Sarah." I sobbed. "Big sisters go first, that's how it works. I can't lose her." Sarah wrapped her arms around my ear and whispered soothing words into my ear.

And there it was. The countdown to my baby sister's death began there. As I listened through the door to Louis tickling Ellie, I swore that those last twenty-three days of Ellie's life would be the best ever.