Eyes Open

June

June

Louis Alarie stood inside of St. Anne's church as he gazed out the window staring at the city. "Another day." He muttered to himself. He walked over to his desk as he grabbed two rings, staring at them. "Soon my love." He whispered as he put them back and gazed over a photo from Elise.

"Louis," A young boy calls out as he runs up the stairs. "There's something you want to see."

With that, that's how Louis ended up walking the streets trying to end up in front of a famous restaurant, a restaurant with so much history that a family still celebrates. He watches across the street as two siblings take a seat next to their uncles.

"It can't be." He whispers as he catches the daughter's familiar eyes of her mothers. "No, no." Louis mutters to himself as he walks closer to the windows. "They, they were never supposed to be here."

Louis watches as the twins laugh and smile, the same smile and laugh matching the love of his life's smile and laugh. His eyes glance over to the two brothers sharing, no loving the moment of ruining the lives in front of them.

Louis quickly turns around as he stares daggers at any civilian trying to get in his way. He stormed up the steps as he stared down at the photo. He grabbed it throwing it across the room, smashing the glass.

Later that night he stood on the corner right across from the famous Mikaelson Compound. He sat along with a few other witches as they played music.

"What's that song we used to sing? When we were younger?"

"Miss Orleans?" Louis says. "You know the words?" A guy asked him as he nodded.

"Do you know what it means to miss New Orleans?"

Louis sang as he gazed up to see two familiar faces. He listens to their conversations as his sings hoping that they can relate to the words.

"When that's where you left your heart."

"Are you ready for this summer?" Zoe asks Dexter as they both look up to the night stars. Dexter shrugs as he bumps shoulders with her. "Oh, come on. We handled a crazy alpha, The Argents, twice and a Kanima. I think we can handle a little family reunion."

His mind starts to wonder what trouble they got into. What troubles their family put them into and most importantly how to help them. How to save them or how to ruin them.

"And there's something more I miss the one I care for,"

Elise.

"More than I miss New Orleans."

Zoe and Dexter both clap as the singer finishes his song. He takes off his hat as he looks up at them, his blue eyes looking up at them, bowing. "Goodnight!" He shouts up to them as they both walk back in the building.