Our Home

Zoe and Dexter Klein stood at the entrance of the compound as the rain poured down on them washing away the blood that covered their hands

Zoe and Dexter Klein stood at the entrance of the compound as the rain poured down on them washing away the blood that covered their hands. "We did this." Zoe whispered, "We brought LA here and he ruined the one good thing we had."

"No." Dexter stated as he faced his sister, "We didn't bring LA here. LA knew where our weakness was and wanted to make sure that we didn't have a place to go home too." Dexter grabbed Zoe's arms as he made her look at him. "Tell me you believe me."

"I believe you." Zoe whispered as Dexter brought her into a hug. "I believe you."

The Morning Of

It was quiet in the compound as Hayley, Jackson, Hope, Klaus and Elijah were the only ones at the table. Nobody said as a word they the only sound that was heard was the silverware moving from breakfast.

"I miss them." Hope mutters staring at the two seats her cousins were always at. "Why didn't you just tell them?" She asks the table as she glanced down at the plate.

"They weren't ready." Klaus answered. "We should've started training them sooner. Then maybe they would know more." Hayley scoffed as she placed a hand on her daughter's back. "We promised them a real summer. But we also didn't know any of this would happen."

"Or maybe you two were both just scared that you were wrong and didn't trust them." Jackson said causing everyone to glare at him. "What did you say?" Elijah asked with a smirk, "Please repeat it so everyone can actually hear you.

"You heard me Elijah. Don't act like you weren't this way when I joined."

"As sweet as it to think of you sticking up for us," Zoe said as she walked into the compound with Dexter, "We don't need it."

"What are you two doing here?" Hayley asked as she stood up bringing them each into a hug. "Are you hurt? Are you okay?" She asked pulling away. "We're fine." Dexter said, "It's been a few days and we thought maybe now is the time to tell us the truth."

"We told you everything." Klaus told them as he stood up, "I will not be disrespected in my own house. Now I want you both home."

"Tempting offer." Zoe said as she took a seat, "But no." She said with a smirk as she got handed a cup of coffee. "See, Dexter and I haven't really been in contact with each other since we left. I know he's been staying at Matt's."