Stupid Promise

It was silent for once in New Orleans

It was silent for once in New Orleans. All that was heard was the heavy breathing and sobbing coming from certain members of the family. Louis Alarie finally won. He got the last word as the twins watched the smoke disappear leaving no sign of the older witch.

"He did it." Zoe breathed out as she faced the empty road in front of her. "He got his revenge. On all of us."

"Just you." Hayley muttered as she dropped Jackson's hand. "He got his revenge on just you two and he took it out on us."

"Hayley," Elijah said walking over to her. His heart starts drop as the looks of Hayley's heartbroken face. The sight of her shifted as what could Elijah feel like one part of her missing. Just gone.

"Elijah, because of them - because of them Jackson is gone." Hayley whispers as Elijah drops down next to her. 

"Dad." Hope whispers as she walks over to him. The older hybrid holding Cami's body close to his. "Dad, it's not safe out here." Klaus nods as he stands up wiping his tears.

Yes, the older hybrid was upset but he knew that it wasn't the twins fault. He knew the blame and he has lost people before. Plenty of people who he cared about. The one person he thought who would never leave, left because she wanted a better life. Elise wanted to have the life he had.

"Cami believed that the twins were good." Klaus said as he looked down at the blonde's body. "She believed that this was never their fault. The lies, the fights, the dangers our family was put through, that's - that's on us. That's what she always told me."

"Please, please tell me you believed her." Dexter said as he walked towards Klaus, "Cami was the only person who was not bias against us."

"We, we had no idea that he was like this. He told us that he wanted to help us."

"Did you not hear the part where he said he made your father the way he was?" Hope told them finally fed up with her cousins, "He made him abusive."

"That should prove that we didn't know!" Zoe shouted, "You really think we would trust a man that made Frank into the villain we know!"

"That's the thing we don't know you!" Hope yells, "We have done nothing but accept you into this family and look at who you got killed. The family that was here. The people I used to trust with my life just because you two waltzed down here."

"Hope," Klaus says.

"I trusted both of you! I'm done playing the helpless girl but the thing is with us down here we know when kill people or trust the wrong people we accept it! We make it personal! All you two want to do is blame others."

"No." Dexter says as he pulls away from Zoe. "What else does everyone have to say? This is good she's getting it off her chest." Dexter shouts as everyone stays silent. "No one? Fine. I'll go."

"None of you trusted us. None of you showed us the Mikaelson way. You brought us down here to learn and have a great summer yet we all know you're hiding shit from us!" Dexter shouted, "Elijah keeping powers from Zoe. All of you thought that I would kill someone!"

"You thought we would be just like Elise." Zoe whispered. "You thought we would be the monsters we were born from."

Silence.

The twins knew what happened next. It always happened and it would soon happen to their pack in Beacon Hills. Zoe and Dexter admitted the truth finally clearing the air as the family hid their faces in shame.

Nobody knew what the Klein twins were like the years they grew up alone. They were hidden. Dexter was constantly trying to hid his bruises and injuries and Zoe was scared to leave her house.

The silence was a friend in a way.

The silence was the one thing that accompanied the wind that flew by them as Hayley picked up Jackson's body and her and Hope rushed off.

The silence was there as Klaus picked up Cami's body slowly walking with her.

The silence broke when Elijah stared at Zoe and Dexter. "Maybe we were all born from monsters." Elijah whispered before disappearing just like Louis.

"So much for always and forever." Zoe said as her and Dexter were left alone. Dexter scoffed as he turned to his sister. "You broke us Zoe." He said to her in a whisper, "You brought this man into our lives. You made me trust him. You made us weak!"

"I- I didn't mean to Dexter!" Zoe shouted as tears came into her eyes, "I was trying to get us to be like them!"

"That's not who we are though!" Dexter shouted taking a step back, "We're not Mikaelsons! We're the Klein's!"

"Okay! I get that now! So, let's go back to being us and we can find a  way to figure this out!"

"That promise is broken too."

Silence.

The twins knew that feeling but they never knew what it would feel like alone. Neither of them knew that the silence could be lonely.

Zoe without Dexter.

Dexter without Zoe.

No longer Always and Forever,

No longer Klein twins against the world.

Just silent.

⚜️

Dexter stands outside Matt's door as he pounds on the door. He sighs as he pounds on the door one more time hearing the laughter inside. He groans as he slides against the wall opposite of it as he holds his head in his hands.

"Dexter?"

Dexter glances up to see his boyfriend staring down at him. Matt shuts the door behind him before kneeling in front of him. "What's wrong?"

"He did it." Dexter muttered, "He really killed them just to get his revenge."

Matt furrows is brows as Dexter starts to sob. Matt quickly brings the boy into a hug helping him up. "Okay, come on." Dexter shakes his head pulling his head back as he takes a step back. "You have company." He mumbles.

"It's just my friends." matt says, "Come on they want to meet you."

Dexter keeps shaking his head as he stares into Matt's eyes, "I'm sorry." He whispered as Matt cupped his face, "Never be sorry. It was a stupid fight."

Matt grabbed his hand as he led the boy into his place. "Guys, this is Dexter. Dexter this is everyone. "

⚜️

"Zoe?" Marcel questions as the girl stands outside his door. "Z?" Zoe starts to sob as she covers her mouth falling into her friends chest. marcel holds her close as Zoe cries. "What's going on?"

"Everything just fell apart. And it's my fault."