Chapter 43

I slowly wake up to the golden morning sun glimmering through his curtains, the light hitting my face directly, making a crease in between my eyebrows appear.

My eyelashes flutter a few times before I ever so slightly open my eyes, basically squinting due to the sudden brightness in the room. The corners of my lips curve up into a soft and warm smile when I see Harry sleeping peacefully beside me, the sight making me nuzzle further into his soft bed.

I gaze over his brown curly and messy hair falling over his face slightly, the golden sun coming from the window illuminating every freckle on his face. I then let my attention fall down to his lips, hearing him breathing through them softly, his cheek being squished slightly by him laying on my arm. I feel my cheeks become slightly flushed as I stare at him, admiring every detail of him.

He's always looked so beautiful like this.

The peaceful look on his face as he sleeps sends me into a calm state of mind every time I look at him. I can't get enough of it. I never have. This was one of the things I missed most. Just being able to fall asleep beside him and wake up next to him. Taking a few moments just to admire him when we couldn't tease me for it. I missed this. I needed this more than I thought.

Last night was...a dream.

It almost feels like it wasn't real but thankfully, it was. I finally got it off of my chest. I finally told him that I'm still in love with him. It could have gone so much worse. I thought over a million other ways it could have gone. It definitely went the best possible way out of all of them. I didn't plan on it coming out like that, in the middle of an argument but now thinking about it, that was probably the only way.

I hate the things I said to him before, but we both knew exactly what I was doing. I was trying to shut myself off to him when there was a glimpse of vulnerability. I think I should know by now that that'll never work, not with him. He read me though, perfectly, just like he used to. And he knew exactly how to get what I really felt out of me, just like he used to.

That bastard.

It felt like everything stopped spinning around me when those words slipped from my lips last night, but even more when Harry said he was still in love with me. That sent me through a loop. I was in complete shock but it had felt like all the weight had been lifted off of my shoulder. He loved me, like I loved him. There was nothing else that mattered more.

And then walking up to him and feeling his lips on mine was a feeling more euphoric than words could explain. I almost can't believe I actually felt them again. And everything that happened after, the sex that we had was incredible. It was everything that I remembered it being and everything I missed. I wanted more. If only I wasn't completely exhausted, I'm sure it would have continued but I fell into a deep slumber very quickly after, without even saying good night.

And now here I am, his arm draped around my waist as he sleeps on my arm that's basically numb at this point. Do I care? Not really. I then reach forward, gently and carefully brushing the hair strand falling over his eyes out of his face, knowing that could possibly disturb him. I hear him hum lowly in his sleep, shifting and getting more comfortable in his sleep.

I watch him closely, a small smile on my face as I see him go still again. Suddenly, his eyes snap open and he jolts up slightly, putting his hand down on the bed in between us. I feel my heart drop at the quickness and worry on his face, furrowing my eyebrows at him. "Are you okay?" I ask him softly.

He stares at me blankly, breathing heavily through his lips as he gazes from my eyes, down to my feet then back up at my eyes again. He then lets out a long sigh, slowly laying back down on my arm. "I-I didn't know if you were here." he speaks sleepily, sounding like he's half asleep as his eyes begin to droop again.