Chapter 4

I already regret this decision and the night hasn't even begun.

After I had lunch at work, the day went by pretty fast. Nothing to interesting really happened. It started to slow down which was nice because it gave me some time to talk with Finn and Sage. Thankfully, they never mentioned going to the club tonight when we were at work, because I was really not in the mood to talk about it. I still don't really want to go. I'm only going because I know Sage won't stop bugging me about it if I don't and maybe it could be good for me.

Or at least that's what I'm trying to convince myself.

As of now, Sage is rummaging in her closet desperately, trying to find an outfit for me to wear. I told her I didn't really care about what I was going to wear but I guess she does. "Leah which outfit do you like better?" she questions me as she twists her body around, holding up two outfits in her hand. "This one is just the top part and will be paired with black jeans" she informs me, making me look over at the lacy black lingerie in her hand. It is quite cute. I reminds me of an outfit I wore awhile ago.

I then look at the other one, it being a basic black jumpsuit with a low neckline. It is quite cute but a little to boring for me honestly. "I like the lingerie better" I answer truthfully as I send her a small smile.

"Great" she blurts out before she suddenly tosses the piece of clothing at me, it shocking me as I quickly grab it.

"I thought you were asking my opinion for your outfit" I gasp.

"Nope. You said you liked that outfit better so that's what you're gonna wear tonight. And plus, I was kind of wanting you to pick that one since I think you'd look hot in it" she tells me as she crosses her arms over her chest.

I let out a long sigh as I quickly glance down at the lacy piece of clothing in my hands. "I didn't even want to go out tonight and now you're dressing me up?" I complain.

"Oh Leah don't be such a bum. It'll be fun I promise!" she tries to reassure me, yet it doesn't help at all. Once she sees the worried look on my face, I see her facial features soften as she drops her hands back down to her sides. "Listen, if you truly don't feel comfortable going, you don't have to. I do know though, out of personal experience, a distraction can be good sometimes"

"But that's only ever temporary" I mumble as I swallow hard.

A small sigh leaves her lips as she slowly nods her head. "Yeah, that's true. But isn't that better than nothing? Wouldn't that be better than sitting in your apartment and overthinking everything?" she asks me softly, making me hesitantly nod my head in response. "So what's really the harm in it? If you get there and hate it, you can always leave. But I do recommend trying to actually let loose and have some fun. I know you have that capability in you"

I instinctively chew on the inside of my cheek as I fiddle with my fingers that are intertwined. "Okay. I will" I breathe as I look up at her from underneath my eyelashes. Seeing the shocked expression on her face makes the corner of my lip slowly curve up into a soft smile. "Now hand me some black jeans so I can get dressed" I add, a small laugh escaping my lips.

I see a wide grin quickly appear on her face before she turns around and opens up a drawer. She then pulls out some black skinny jeans, throwing them over to me, making me catch them. "Now go in the bathroom and get dressed. I still have a few more ideas for you!" she exclaims excitedly.

"Oh god" I mumble under my breath as I walk inside of the bathroom, closing the door behind me. I truly hate what I've gotten myself into but hey, maybe it won't be as bad as I think it will be. I just need to tap slightly back into who I used to be and have fun tonight. I need to at least try like Sage said. It wouldn't hurt to try.