Chapter 10

The feeling of cold water being thrown on me makes me jolt out of my deep sleep, making me let out a loud yelp as I throw my body upwards. "What the fuck!" I yell as I reach my hands up to my face, wiping the water from off of my face before I open my eyes, seeing Sage standing beside my bed, her arms crossed over her chest with a glimmer of a smile on her face. "Are you mental?" I raise my voice.

"Are you?" she gasps, letting out a dry laugh as she shakes her head side to side at me. "What the fuck happened last night Leah?" she snaps as she sets the empty cup in her hands down onto my bedside table.

I slowly look down at my lap, slightly in a daze as I see my covers now soaked. "What? What do you mean?" I stutter as I try to keep my gaze focused anywhere else but hers.

"Do you not remember?" she questions me sharply, clearly very frustrated, letting out a loud scoff. "Do you not remember you posting a picture of you at the club last night?" she asks me, her eyebrows furrowed. It all then starts to come back to me. Me at the club last night. Me getting wasted off of my ass with Chase before I posted a picture he took. Me smoking weed. All of it. "You gave me a fucking heart attack Leah when you didn't answer my calls or texts and especially when I saw that photo of you." she sighs.

I quickly look towards her, seeing that even though she looks beyond frustrated with me, a lot of it is concern. She was worried about me. I then look down at the bed, my head still spinning, making me hold my head in my hand. "I remember. I'm sorry. I got distracted and lost in my thoughts and I completely forgot about our plans. That sounds really shitty now that it's leaving my mouth." I mumble as I bite down on my bottom lip.

We sit in a few moments of silence before I feel the bed dip, making me look up. I see her sit down on the edge of the bed in front of me, letting out a long sigh. "You are such an idiot. You know that right?" she mutters as I look up at her underneath my eyelashes, making me let out a small chuckle. "No I'm serious. You're lucky I haven't punched you." she adds, the corner of her lip twitching up into a smirk as the smallest laugh escapes her lips. "Now, tell me. What happened?"

My smile slowly fades when she asks the question, every memory of yesterday starting to come back. I swallow hard, trying to figure out where I want to start and how to word it. "Well I did the grocery shopping like I said I would do but while I was there I ran into Chase." I inform her quietly.

Her eyes quickly go wide before her eyebrows knit together in confusion. "Chase? Chase as in the guy that you used to fuck? That Chase?" her voice raises slightly.

"Yes." I begin as I look back down at the bed momentarily. "He told me that everyone was meeting up at the club last night. People who used to go there regularly would be there. He suggested I come. I told him I had plans though but that there was a possibility I could still come because knowing you, if I were to bring it up to you, you'd want to go." I shrug my shoulders.

She nods her head at me, agreeing with me and also signaling for me to continue. "I came back home and took a shower. It was okay until I saw that Harry had posted a photo." I pause, inhaling deeply before letting it out slowly. "It was just a dumb picture too. He had cut his hair and was holding it in his hand. One thought just led to another and I just got so consumed in my thoughts as I got ready and left".

"It's a really stupid excuse and I shouldn't even be making one because I can't imagine how bad I scared you. I've just been feeling like I'm going insane so I needed a distraction. I couldn't be left in my thoughts any longer. And I know you could of given me that and I would of enjoyed hanging out with you. I was just in my own head." I tell her, my voice fading out towards the end as I fiddle with my fingers in my lap.

"It's okay. I was really fucking worried last night but now that I know you're safe, I'm better now." she whispers, sending me a small smile. "When I saw what you posted, it was hours later. I still ran over to the club but James told me you had left already. I came to the apartment and I asked the girl at the desk if she saw you come in and she said yes so I assumed you came back and passed out. I wanted to storm in but I decided against that."  she says.