VII

The sound of a tap running wakes me up. I'm naked on a tiled floor, my first thought was "oh shit did I vomit". I wish it was that easy. I push myself up, batting my hair over my shoulder.
"Do you want some coffee" he asks. I squeezed my eyes closed. For the love of god please don't be clay. I have to open my eyes he sits at our circular dining table in his briefs. I smile awkwardly,
"I'll make some tea" I wrap my arms around the blanket swaddling myself.
"We just kissed right?" I try to sound passive and unphased.
"No. We had sex there," I turn around and he's pointing at the island "there," the settee "and went for two rounds on the floor" I pause, my eyebrows shoot so high on my forehead.
"Oh okay" I continue to brew my tea
"Yeah, I wouldn't pin you to have nipple piercings" just a deep breath.
"I wouldn't pin you to be seeing them" I put 3 sugars into the steamy brew "ha seems like we're both surprised" I take my tea onto the veranda and he follows.
"So we're cool right?" He asks taking a sip
"Just don't bring it up and of course" I nod, blowing my drink "it'll only happen this one time" clay snorts
"Whatever you say Lara"

Finishing my tea I walk back inside, nothing but quiet filled the veranda. All I can say is that I'm happy Ena is a heavy sleeper. I tip toe past her room and I can hear Nicks snores echoing. I shower then get dressed, I literally scrub down all the kitchen and begin to clear the mess of the last night. Whilst in the shower clay leaves, I'm not sure whether or not he brought his car and to be honest I don't really care. Nick leaves around mid day, which leaves me and Ena, I can't lie to her so I decide to change the subject if it's brought up.

A few days past since our party and it hasn't been brought up since, we'll until now. Ena sits cooking soup when she says "so what time did clay go after the house warming" I stiffen, I'm at the counter doing my coursework.
"I'm not too sure to be frank, have you heard we're getting a new Ariel because the other got preggo" change the subject Lara, keep changing it
"Oh really, I would've thought he slept here. You didn't let him drive home drunk did you?"
"Of course not, I do laws and bits for fun! Speaking of which how are your classes going"
"Yeah they're okay. Nick said he was in a really good mood when he got home. That's weird as he just broke up with his girlfriend right?"
"I was fine when I broke up with Finn"
"Hmmmh. I mean I suppose so. You would tell me if something happened, wouldn't you?" She knows. I know she knows. She knows I knows she knows
"What if they're wasn't something to say?" I quizz, she hasn't taken her eyes away from the soup yet
"We'll you two hooking up would be something worth saying" the stirring stops "I mean hypothetically speaking of course."
"Oh shush now, you and I both know what went down with me and clay, so please can we leave it, please?"
"I just wanted you to tell me. Do you not trust me? I was shocked when Nick told me. I knew something happened when I smelt bleach, and you only stress clean when you're upset or hiding something" she takes the soup of the hob and looks at me, her eyes look sad.
"Don't be daft! I didn't say anything Cus I was embarrassed, I mean shagging a massive twat who just broke up with his girlfriend whilst I was as pissed as a fart is so embarrassing"
"So you didn't tell me because you didn't trust me?"
"Oh god no! I trust you with my life" I take her hands "it's just embarrassing" her face softens And she walks round with soup and a bread roll
"Tell me everything"

———————————————————
Posted  21/10/21
              17:24