XLII

"You're being annoying! Move in or don't I don't care anymore" it's been six months since Christmas, clays face revealed and now they're million of people are lusting over him.
"This is my final year of school, I just feel like you don't understand the decision I have to make"
"Oh really? What decisions?"
"Well whether I'm staying in America and-" he cuts me off before I can finish
"This should be something you're deciding! We're together!" Our argument is about whether or not I want to live with him.
"We may be together but we're not joined at the bloody hip! Do you expect me to give all my attention, you dont understand. You can't understand!"
"Oh really? What cus I didn't go to college?"
"Yes, exactly, you don't know what I'm dealing with"
"Well you don't understand what I'm dealing with? I don't want you around all these guys in this house" he's talking about the main reason I don't want to live with him, a bunch of girls from my course all want to live in a group house off campus, and in all honesty I think it'd be fun "do you not want to be together?"
"Don't be so stupid! Of course I do. You just need to empathise. I miss my sisters and my mum, I might want to go back to England and finish my degree of there"
"Go then. Do whatever the fuck you want" his eyes harden  "it's not like it's any different. " I roll my eyes
"Let's just sleep in this okay? I'm going to sleep on the settee" it's his turn to roll his eyes, he ignores me and plays on his pc. I take a blanket and a pillow from my side of the bed and slug down to the basement.

I watch a few episodes of sex and the city before entering my sleepless night. I just focus on one point and after what feels like hours my eyes finally feel heavy, well that was until I hear heavy footsteps above me and then next to me. Like a little baby he carries me, bridal style, up the stairs and into his bed, I'm sure he knows I'm awake. I curl up to his side and lay my head and his chest.
"I love you" he whispers
"I'll move in" he kisses my head.

This is how the next few months go, we all move in to this house which feels like it's growing smaller by the day, I love clay and I love his friends but I don't love waiting for the bathroom and barley catching a wink of sleep. And I think this is when I finally snap, so it's mid October and I'm taking an exam in the morning when all I can hear is boys screaming like girls.
"Clay!" I hiss "shut the hell up! Please" I trap my head in cushions it only goes on for a brief second before my hands are moved away
"Sorry, I didn't realise how loud were being, I've told them to go to sleep" the house is silent except for the breaths of his I can hear
"We need a bigger house"
"I'll sort it. I'll call my dad first thing"
"And you're mum. Don't act like I've forgot about that. It's been a year and you've had a handful of conversations" we sleep, in a finally quiet house. Thank you god for silence, thank you god for clay.

He does as he promises, it's 8:30 and my exam begins at 9:45. He's up prompt on the phone to his dad discussing a larger house for us to move into
"Yeah we can all come to view a few later on" I've dropped my shifts down remarkably, from having 5+ a week I now do 2, after seeing London and being home it made me realise that I have to accept my dads gone and all the money he left won't bring him back, and plus I barley pay rent.

My exam went smoothly, I fee a little too smoothly, I was calm and relaxed, I felt confident.

The first property was a large apartment, it was a close door three bed one bath.
The second was the one I loved the most, it was in clays parents neighbourhood, 4 bedroom, four bath rooms. It was the best by far
The third and fourth we're almost identical to our current one.

Clay, Ena, nick, George and I all sit on a settee of the fourth house
"Which one do you like ens?" Nick asks, his arms slung around her shoulder
"I'm not too fussed, the apartment is a change of pace but the second, oh my gosh the tan I would get in that garden. And and and the wardrobe space! I mean oh my goodness"
"Okay let's vote," George takes charge
"Everyone for number one?" Nick raises his hand "number 2?" Four hands rose including clays
"Settled. Let me talk to my dad, but guys I think we are going to all have to chip in for the mortgage" in my house growing up money has always been a topic which we never spoke on but held so much value.

"Thank you so much mark." I hug clays dad
"It's the least I can do."

Clay walks into the hall to speak to his dad, it takes a few days for paper to be drawn up and we all sign the deed, the mortgage is split 5 ways and it's not as dense as you'd think.
———————————————————

Posted     18:51
                 13/12/21