XLIV

"George, we really need to find you a girlfriend" he scoffs and passes the spiff to Ena
"I bet George is content with his right hand" nick snickers at his own remark
"Look George is a handsome guy and I'm sure you all have pretty friends. 2+2=4" Clay takes a long inhale
"Guys, I've seen the edits! I know I'm "hot" i get all the girls to floak to me"
"Just girls?" I jab clay in the ribs
"Yes you fuckwit"
"Bro, it's okay if it's dudes aswell"
"Yeah we'll support you man"
"Nick, Clay zip it" I urge. We're sat in our new house the walls are bare, I mean we don't even have a settee, we're sat on cushions on the floor. Clay sparks up another spliff, one between 5 people does not go far.
"Right guys I'm hungry. I want pizza and chips and Oreos and milk and orange juice and maybe some cake. Oh shit yeah I want cake"
"Oh my fuck, this is the first time I've heard you cuss" nick announced and clay snickers
"She never swears" George adds
"I'm a Christian, I would never go to church here though. Rednecks and weirdos"
"Oh my god" Ena breaks out, I'm sure she almost wees herself "do you- do you- FUCK ! Do you remember when we went to that service once and that man asked you to marry him!" I wheeze
"I shouldve taken him up on his offer"
"What!? Don't marry a redneck! Marry me?"
"Clay," I sober up "are you asking me to marry you?"
"Well why not? What's stopping us?"
"Oh my fucking god" Ena and I sync up
"Erm, maybe when you're sober Clay?"
"Yeah, I think it's time we all head to bed" as so we all dispersed to separate rooms.

Clay sleeps soundly next to me, he snores.
"Clay." I shout whisper, and elbow him "Clay"
"Hmmmm"
"Wake up now!"
"What?" he rubs the sleep from his eyes and sits up straight "shit what time is it?"
"Half five"
"Why have you got me up?"
"Are you sober?" He nods "do you understand what you asked last night?"
"No what's up?"
"You asked me to marry you! Marriage Clay. I'm 21, I'm a child!" His face turns white.
"Is that so bad?"
"Yes. In every way! Again, I'm 21 and you're 25. Do you understand how heavy that is"
"Listen, I shouldn't have said it in front of everyone, but really, would you not want to marry me, we live together, we're in love, what the difference?"
"Everything is different, it's marriage what if we break up? It's marriage. It's divorce. I don't want to get married. Especially right now!"
"Why not now?"
"I have exams, I have a future, I have a life"
" I want to be apart of it"
"You are apart of it! Just not in the sense of husband, give me 5 years, 10 at the most and you'll have an answer"
"What if you stop loving me in 5 years?"
"I won't, I promise you I won't. Look!" I shove the ring in his face "do you understand that is weights me down when writing." He chuckles "I've not taken it off since!" He kisses my hand
"I love you"
"Not marriage love though?"
"Not marriage love" he cups my face and drags this thumb across my lips, his thumb enters my mouth and suck on it, caress it with my tongue. "You never fail to get me hard" he removes his thumb and replaces his hand around my neck. "I'm going to make you beg you didn't wake me up!"

"Sounds like you two made up" George sits across the table from me sipping his tea
"What?"
"You and clay, the funny thing about an empty house is noise travels" I bury my face in my hands "it's nothing to worry about, we've heard it all before"
"Oh for Christ's sake" I can only imagine the shade of red I've turned "ear plugs?"
"A ball gag?"
"Flipping hell George. It's a little to early for all of this, I thought you're supposed to be all innocent."
"Not when it comes to my sleep! I don't know if you've heard but I love sleeping!"
"Christ sorry, erm well we'll be quieter next time" The awkward interaction has caused me to really wake up.
"Not we, you."

———————————————————

Posted     18:52
                 13/12/21