Quiet After The Storm

Deep blue eyes (Tilden)

It took me a while to get to sleep after that but when I did I wasn't asleep for long, knocks sounded at the front door and I groaned in complaint, glancing back to see Rain still out cold and I could feel that we were still locked together, I groaned again, just great.

'Uh... Tilden, are you home?' Charmers voice entered my head and I flopped back onto my side with a sigh, so it was him.

'Yeah, why?' I answered back.

'Did you forget that Neaba and I have our mating ceremony today? It's kinda starting soon.'

"Shit!" I hissed, I had totally forgotten about that with all that's gone on. "Rain." I called and reached back to shake his shoulder, he mumbled something, his arms tightening around me. "Rain we need to get up." I shook him harder.

'I'm sorry Charmers, so much has been happening lately, come and wait in the sitting room, Rain and I will be out as soon as we can.' I felt so bad for forgetting, I'd just gotten so caught up in my own mating to Rain and then the vampires, I felt like a shitty friend, I was now technically alpha but a transition period would happen until my dad steps down, and that can be for as long or short as he wants until he feels I'm one hundred percent ready.

I heard the front door open and then close, then the quiet sound of the tv as they turned it on.

"Rain!" I called louder and shoved his shoulder, hissing and immediately regretting it when the movement tugged on where we were connected.

It seemed to do it though, dazed orange eyes fluttered open and he pulled me back against him. "Not finish yet," he mumbled, nuzzling my back and about to drop back off.

"Rain, we have somewhere to be soon, Charmers and Neaba are waiting in the sitting room, we need to be finished," I argued.

"Not finish," he grumbled. "Need stay here." he yawned and orange eyes disappeared as his eyes closed, his arms relaxing a bit as he started to drift off.

I growled in frustration, now what do I do? There's no safe way to separate knotted mates, you just had to wait, so wait I must.

It must have been another ten minutes before I felt his knot start to go down and my own walls unlocked around him, when I thought it was enough I used his hip to push our lower halves apart, gasping as his knot tugged at my entrance but it thankfully slipped free. I wiggled out from Rain's arms and quickly went to the bathroom to clean up a bit before going back to the bedroom, seeing that Rain had grabbed my pillow as a replacement.

I smiled at his adorableness, gently shaking his shoulder and he stirred easier this time. "Come on Rain, we've got to go."

"Hnn, no want," he mumbled against the pillow.

I sighed deeply, putting my hands on my hips, trying to think of a way to get him up. Breakfast didn't seem a priority for him, he didn't mind some human food but he didn't love any of it, so bribing him with food wouldn't work.

I know one thing he really liked... but did I need to resort to that? Isn't there something else?

Ahh...

I've got an idea.

"Rain, we've got some pack business to go to, you need to get up," I told him firmly and saw his eyes open a slither, an annoyed groan leaving him. "We can come back and cuddle later, all afternoon if you'd like, but only if you get up now."

That seemed to get his attention and his eyes opened completely, he looked tired which made me feel a little bad but it needed to be done. "In bed?" he asked.