Whose Your Daddy?

Navy eyes (Leroy)

I left Tilden and Rain and headed to Records, a whole building dedicated to our history, it contained everything, weddings, births, deaths, family trees going back thousands of years.

I sighed as i thought about my son and his mate, seeing such an imposing and powerful wolf reduced to a terrified and trembling state. What his parents did was wrong, so wrong. To abandon your own child was bad enough, to kick them out of the pack, when they were vulnerable and dependant, it was worse than killing them yourself. The words he'd uttered, how much self confidence he had, what they had said to him had scarred him for life, he'd relived that memory many times to be able to remember what they'd said, even when he couldn't talk at the time.

But why?

It's what i kept asking myself. Why on earth would you say that to your own child? Sure he wasn't ordinary, his orange eyes like nothing i'd seen before and his immense size and strength. But abomination? No, he wasn't that.

It made me proud seeing Tilden comforting and caring for his mate so tenderly. How affectionate and gentle he could be, he was just solidifying how he would fit the alpha role perfectly.

Our earlier conversation had helped me understand his worries, he'd listened intently and absorbed my words. I know knew he was ready for the attention fights and the joining, the whole ceremony of taking the title and becoming the new alpha of the royal pack.

I reached the records building, the smell of both old and new paper and ink filling my nose. I smiled at the two old ladies at the front desk and they smiled and bowed their heads in respect. "Hello Alpha Leroy, what do we owe the pleasure of a visit?" One inquired.

"Have all the pack wolves been accounted for?" I asked and she nodded, tapping away at her computer for a few moments.

"Yes alpha, all have arrived." She confirmed. I frowned at that, if Rain didn't come up he'd be listed as either, dead, lost or never even born. I didn't like the last one, it would make finding his parents a lot harder.

"Ok, i need you to look through all the births from 20 years ago to 30." I requested. I knew Rain was over twenty from his scent, but he wasn't over thirty, he was somewhere in between. "I need to know of any of those were reported missing or if they had died in infancy." I continued and they both frowned, not the most pleasant job i know.

"May we ask why Alpha?" The other prodded, a curious expression on her face. I chuckled a little, these two were known for their gossiping so i would need to be careful what i say.

"I'm trying to find a ferals parents, he was abandoned at a young age and i want to know why." Was all i divulged. That certainly got them interested and they started typing away quickly, their eyes focused on the screens. "Let me know as soon as you find something."

I left the Records building and headed to my office, i had a lot of work to do with the upcoming war and the ascension ceremony.

Orange eyes (Rain)

Tilden took me back to his house. I was grateful to be away from that smell, the scent of my parents, it made me feel sick and weak, like i was worthless and unwanted.

Back with Tilden at his home was a lot better, it smelt like him and it reminded me of the time we'd spent together here. Tilden was keeping a close eye on me, his body often brushing against my own. It was comforting and reassuring.

At the moment he was cooking us some breakfast and i was sitting on a stool like usual. I watched him work, my mind drifting off again.

All these years i'd wondered what my parents had said, i understood a little bit of it now, i know the words but most of them have no meaning to me. I had voiced some of them to Tilden though, i wanted his help to understand, understand why they did what they did, what they were saying.