Sadness and Happiness

Sky blue eyes (Thion)

I strode over to my own training group, one i shared with an older alpha from another pack. I couldn't get the stupid smile off of my face as i approached, thinking of my brother made an uncontrollable ear splitting grin form on my face. I felt the bond between us like we'd never been apart, his scent smelt warm and homey.

I was so grateful he didn't have any bad feelings towards me, yes i knew i had no power over what happened, despite that i couldn't get rid of the guilt, feeling like rocks were in my stomach.

The alpha nodded in greeting and i returned the gesture. Technically he was in charge of the training group since i wasn't acting alpha for my pack yet, but i was supposed to be soon, and since my parents had been arrested i would be taking over the pack even sooner, unless i was challenged for the postion. Which meant fighting the challenger, whoever won would be the new alpha of my pack.

"What's got you so chipper Thion?" He inquired as we waited for the stragglers to arrive.

"I found my lost brother." I replied, my smile only widening saying the word, brother, i had my brother back, my partner in crime, my womb buddy. I almost laughed at my thoughts, i was practically giddy with joy still.

Surprise flickered across his features before he smiled. "Well good for you kid, but how did you lose him in the first place?"

I sighed at that, this was the part i wasn't keen talking about. My parents were law breakers, they'd tried to kill their own child, a pup who had barely seen the world, having just opened his eyes. The crime was only made worse due to the fact Rain was Tilden's mate, the future Royal Luna. It was treasonous, even if they hadn't known back then, to kill a royal wolf, the Royal Alpha's mate came with a harsh punishment. The courts wouldn't be favourable towards my parents, and i didn't elude myself into believing the sentence would be anything less than death.

Strangely my head was calm at the thought, i knew i would miss my parents, i would mourn once they were gone but it felt justified, they deserved it. It was their time, by their own doing. Sure i still loved them, but the fondness i'd once held for them had disappeared.

"Now that's a long and depressing story i'd rather not explain right now, but soon it will be on everyone's lips."

Deep blue eyes (Tilden)

Training finished and i could grin at how eager Rain looked to find his brother. He ditched his towel and shifted, bouncing on his paws like an excited pup.

I ran my fingers through the fur on his back, the fur coarse starting from his hackles, travelling down his spine and spreading over the top of his tail.

He took the lead, his large paws kicking up some dirt on the ground, the sun already having dried up the soil, leaving it dry and dusty. He sniffed the air, leading me across the field to another training group that was just finishing. I spotted Thion amongst the crowd, standing beside a familar face, the seasoned alpha of the Red Mountain pack, the one who's land bordered with Rain's old territory, the one i'd spoken to about Rain.

The group of men and women watched Rain as we approached, a mix of fear, curiousity and wariness on their faces.

The alpha of the Red Mountain pack noticed Rain from his training groups distracted gaze, following it, his dark blue eyes focusing on my mate.

"Well i never, hello old neighbour." He greeted Rain, who looked over at him with his burning orange eyes, his nose twitching as he smelt the air. He started to shift and i unfolded his towel i'd picked up, securing it around his waist as his transformation finished. The alpha looked up and up and let out a low whistle as he took in Rain's human form.