Training

"Good afternoon." His voice boomed from the speakers. "Thank you all for coming in such a small amount of time and putting your lives on hold for the sake of the rest of your kind. We have let those vermin kill our loved ones for long enough." He declared and the crowd roared in agreement. "It is time to eradicate them for good!" He shouted and everyone cheered in agreement. Rains hand found mine from the loud noise and I could feel his weariness at the crowds mood. I stepped closer to him and squeezed his hand in mine, leaning his side against mine in reassurance.

"Good job." I whispered to him. "You're doing really well."

"We are going to war with those vampires." He spat out the word with venom. "And we are going to WIN!" He bellowed and the crowd screamed and roared in agreement. I could feel Rain tense beside me. I rubbed my cheek on his upper arm and purred, trying to calm him down.

"Good job Rain. Good job." I cooed, trying to soothe him. The pack trainer stepped up to the mic as my father retreated.

"First point of call." He rumbled. "We need to sort out everyone's roles. All those under the age of 16 to the left of the field and all others to the right." He ordered and we stayed where we were as we were already on the right. Dalia and her 17 pups walked over to the left and so did Evvie with Neymar, her being almost 16 and Neymar 3."

"All the pregnant, elderly and disabled move to the left." He commanded and more of the group moved over. "All omegas over to the left." He continued and observed the two groups, assessing each sides size. "All pack doctors and healers to the left." He added. We couldn't risk the lives of such valuable people in our packs so they would in no way be fighting if possible.

My mother the royal Luna and the packs gamma and delta left the stage and headed over to the left side. My father, his beta and the royal pack trainer Donovan came over to the right side. My mother would assign jobs for her side and my father the same for his.

"Right." Donovan clapped loudly to make sure everyone was paying attention. "Ferals over there, rogues here and pack wolves there." He instructed. Rain watched as everyone moved around and noticed the groupings. He looked down at me and we reluctantly parted, he went to stand with the ferals and I joined my father. Donovan seemed intrigued as my mate stood as the only one in human form amongst the ferals. My father whispered something into his ear and he nodded, no doubt learning that Rain was my mate and sending me an indistinguishable look.

"Shift." Donovan boomed at the werewolves who were in wolf form shifted, except for the ferals. Petunia our pack doctor walked over with a medical tray with syringes on it, heading over to the ferals as they could not shift anymore without help. I was happy Rain managed to shift on his own, the serum was painful but did the job. One by one she injected the ferals with the serum and then quickly stepped back. The wolves began to shake and quiver on their feet, letting out cries of pain as their bodies were forced to change. They stood on two shaky legs and breathed heavily after. Petunia then moved on to the other side to change any ferals over there.

"You will be the fighting wolves." He stated. "Training will not be easy and you will learn to fear me." He threatened. "I want no petty squabbles between packs and none in between these groups. You will have to learn to put aside your differences as we need to work together in order to win this war." He addressed the groups. "Since there are quite a lot of you will be trained in groups. I will decide who goes where and will adjust when necessary. I want a mix of packs and a mix of rogue, feral and pack wolves. You need to learn to trust each other if we want to be effective on the battle field." He spoke.

"That's easy for you to say." One of the feral males spat. "Pack wolves kill us for sport. How are we supposed to trust?!" He demanded disrespectfully, although he did have a point.