Happy Birthday Part 5 (mature)

Deep blue eyes (Tilden)

Everyone got a slice of cake, and Benny's brood all got a slither each considering how rich the cake was, even then their mouths and fingers got covered in chocolate and almost immediately they went hyper, turning into a huge ball of wrestling fluff on the grass.

Rain and I shared a piece of cake, I fed the both of us with a fork and after Rain's first mouthful he accepted all the rest eagerly with appreciative groans.

I smiled knowing I'd made the right choice, happy he could enjoy his birthday cake.

It started to get late and all the pups were exhausted after the sugar wore off. Benny and Daria also needed to get them bathed and tucked into bed. The pups were ushered through the back door by their parents, not before Benny flashed a smirk and a wink in our direction. "Don't forget what I told you Rain!" he hollered back through the house as he reached the front door, the distant sound of it closing, the garden suddenly a lot quieter.

Neymar was asleep on my mother's lap, chocolate removed from his face and little fingers with a wet wipe and I doubt he'd wake until tomorrow morning.

Neaba and Chamers were huddled together, the latter murmuring and smiling lovingly at the former rouge. Since their mating rite, Neaba's eyes had changed to a pale baby blue and his painfully thin body had notably filled out, a now healthy flush to his once pale complexion.

Ranam was animatedly talking to my little sister Evvie, which was greatly concerning. I didn't even want to know what those two perverts were talking so enthusiastically about.

My dad was chatting quietly with Thion, the busy royal alpha leaning back in his chair, relaxed and smiling, no doubt enjoying the reprieve from pack business and the uneasy truce between us and the vampires.

It had been worriedly quiet since we'd spoken to what I'd guess had been their leader, we'd had no sightings of vampires nor any reports of attacks, werewolf or otherwise, it was like they'd just... vanished.

Rain's twin had been incredibly busy since their parents had been imprisoned, suddenly taking on the role of alpha to the quite large Canadian pack, quite a few members distressed by the revelations of their leading family. After Rain's run-in with that one pack member no one else had dared to approach him, and no wonder, he had threatened to eat them after all!

Thion seemed to be using this time to ask for advice from my dad, who was more than happy to oblige, smiling and gesturing with his hands as he answered Thion's questions and eased his worries.

My dad still held the reins of the royal pack, since Rain and I were considered to be in our 'honeymoon period', and so we're currently absolved of any pack duties aside from the most important/ educational meetings for me. I wouldn't ask Rain to join me for any of them considering his mental state, he had enough to worry about already and I honestly doubt I'd be able to drag him out of bed just so he could sit in a stuffy meeting room thick with pheromones and listen to boring conversations he wouldn't be able to completely understand yet.

He was so much better at speaking, don't get me wrong, and rarely stuttered over the words he knew, but there are so many words that exist, some with multiple meanings. It will probably take years for him to be proficient in simply speaking English, learning how to write was an entirely different story.

When the sun started to set my parents and siblings bid us farewell, Chamers and Neaba following in their shadow, the latter giggling softly and blushing, lightly slapping Chamers chest, who was grinning like a Cheshire cat, a completely smitten one.

That left Ranam and Thion, and although I was reluctant to leave Rain alone in the former one's company I'd been ignoring my bladder for a while. I pressed a fleeting kiss to Rain's cheek and murmured where I was going before getting up off his lap and making my way inside to release my full bladder.