Friend

Neaba ^

Orange eyes

A few more females approached me, all of the feral females and even some of the rogue females. I turned them all away like I did the first, none of them were my mate. A few hours later one of the smaller rogue males timidly approached me, an omega no doubt. I watched him with interest. I know same gender mates were possible and the thought didn't bother me. I wanted no mate, the gender of my lack of a mate didn't matter.

He approached like all the others had before and rolled onto his side, looking at me hopefully. I got up for the up tenth time and made my way over. I was highly considering finding a new spot to rest, I wasn't getting any here. I sniffed like I did all of the others and his eyes followed me eagerly. When I reached his privates he made a low whine and moved his leg aside, desperate much? He wasn't my mate.

I felt a little sorry for the little blonde omega. I swished my tail, telling him my verdict but I nuzzled my nose underneath his chin in apology. I felt protective of the much smaller wolf. I haven't really felt that before, pretty much all my encounters with my kind were violent and they had all been fighting wolves. I had never seen an omega male up this close before. He let out a disappointed whine at not being my mate and got up. I let out a friendly rumble and rubbed my head against his shoulder.

He looked up at me wearily. I was much larger than him but I put on a passive stance, interested as to what his actions would be. He lowered his ears and tucked in his tail, being submissive and cautiously bumped his head against my chest. I let out another friendly rumble and he started to rub his much smaller body against mine affectionately. I let my scent out and his and mine mingled together. He purred constantly and sniffed my scent, burying his nose in my thick fur. I let out an amused snort and sat back on my haunches before laying back down.

He let out a whine in indignation and sniffed my head now that he could reach. He nervously licked my muzzle like a cub would and proceeded to lay down next to me. Settling against my side and curling up. I guess I had made a friend? He snuggled his head against my side and let out a happy yip and purred, well he seemed to like me anyway. I rested my head on his back and found it quite comfortable, going into a light dose as he slept underneath me. Maybe I was missing something being alone all these years?

We both rested for a while until a shrill sound came from one of the buildings. I let out an annoyed huff and got up. I have no idea what the sound indicated but the omegas belly rumbled at the sound. Food time then? For them anyway, I wasn't going to eat their strange food, I would get my own, like I've always done. I got up and shook out my fur. Stretching my muscles and letting out a satisfied sound. The omega got up as well and looked at me expectantly, starting to head to the building. I shook my head no and snorted, turning towards the forest as an explanation. He let out a disappointed whine and went ahead without me.

I turned my tail and made my way into the forest. I had to go for a while in order to find any life. The scent of many wolves had driven off the smart animals. I did manage however to find a young buck. He looked worse for wear, obviously he had lost his herd and was finding it difficult to survive on his own. He ate the grass with extreme nerves. Looking around often for predators, not being able to fill his belly enough. Hard luck deer. I crept up and attacked when his head was down and grabbed onto his neck, crushing it with my powerful jaws. I would normally just eat it where it fell but I would take it back to the pack lands this time in case something important happened. I picked up its front legs in my mouth and mostly carried the animal back, only his back legs and rump grazing the floor.

I made it back to my spot and began to tuck in. Shredding the flesh and eating slower than usual, savouring the meal as I had no perimeter to patrol. I looked around and saw the ferals were munching on rabbits, the biggest thing they could find I bet. They looked at me with jealousy and continued to eat their stringy meat. I looked over at the rogues as I chewed and frowned as I saw my new friend sitting on the floor, waiting for the more dominant wolves to have their fill of their human food before he could get a look in. He was thin, that was for sure.