First Words

Deep blue eyes (Tilden)

I led my mate out of my parents' home and we headed to the pack doctor. I looked up at him and felt deep worry, he smiled back, seeming fine despite his temperature.

We saw Chamers and Neaba on the way and the little guy looked up at his friend and waved, too scared to get any closer in case a repeat of what happened earlier occurred again. Chamers gulped at the size and power of him and seemed as if he was seeing how truly stupid his show of overprotectiveness was earlier. I let out a little snort of amusement at his oh shit expression.

We made it to the pack doctors building and I knocked on the door. The older lady opened the door and looked at us with her hands on her hips. "I just finished preparing the shifting serum." She huffed and I had to hide a small laugh.

"Seemed he didn't need it after all doc." I told her and she scowled at me.

"Why are you here then Tilden?" She inquired.

"He's very hot." I pointed at my mate with my free hand and she chortled in amusement.

"I have eyes dear and yes he is." She jibed and I grumbled. I held out our connected hands and she reached out to touch his skin. She frowned, no doubt getting what I was talking about. "Come in you two." She waved us in as she entered her home. I had to remind my mate to duck his head again and I smiled at my giant. He smiled back and I blushed. His free hand came up to my heated cheek and his large, calloused fingers brushed it gently. "Come on lovebirds." She hurried and I pulled him further into the room.

He looked around in interest at all the strange equipment and I led him over to the examination table. I frowned, trying to figure out how to get him to sit on it. I patted the bed to see if he got it and he just tilted his head. I let out a small laugh at his inquisitive act. I let go of his hand and hopped up on the bed as a demonstration. I got off and patted it again. He seemed to get it and sat on the edge of the bed. I smiled at him for getting it and he looked a little proud of himself, my big oaf.

"You'll need to teach him how to speak, it would make life a lot easier." She told me and I nodded, I planned on it anyway. "It would be best if you started now to distract both of you whilst I conduct the examination." She suggested.

"I don't even know how to start." I admitted.

"How about names?" She offered and I nodded. She started the examination and couldn't help but feel a little peeved as she touched what was mine. I looked at my mate. He looked back. Well here goes nothing.

"Tilden." I told him as I pointed at my chest. He tilted his head to the side and if he had ears they would be twitching right now. I repeated the action. He seemed to be thinking deeply, considering my actions. His lips moved slightly. "Ttttiiillldddeeennn." I encouraged, saying it slowly.

He watched my mouth carefully and copied the way my lips moved, mouthing the word. "Tilden." I repeated and pointed at my chest again.

"T...." he made a sound that sounded like a 't' and I nodded in encouragement. His voice sounded husky and gruff, deep and very masculine. The sound of it made me shiver.

"Tilden." I said again and he watched my lips meticulously.

"T....till..." He managed to get out and I smiled proudly. "Ti...lll..d..d..." he tried and got stuck with the 'e' sound.

"E." I used the phonetic sound to try and help him. He frowned in concentration.

"T..I.. ill.. d..d..de.." He frowned again in frustration at the last letter.

"N." I demonstrated. "Tilden." He looked determined and his delectable lips pouted.

"T...Till...Till..de..den.....Till...den....Tilden." he managed to say and I beamed in happiness as he said my name. He seemed very pleased with himself.