Knight in Fluffy Armour

Orange eyes ^

Deep blue eyes

I had to get away from here for a while, the place was driving me mad. All these wolves were descending on my pack lands for the upcoming war. Well it wasn't my land yet, the ascension ceremony hasn't taken place yet and you didn't get to become the alpha of alphas just because your father was one. No, you had to fight for the title. Any other eligible pack males could challenge me for the title and we would all fight and see who came out as the victor. Killing the other competitors wasn't allowed anymore; it left mate-less wolves and we needed as many strong fighters as possible in order to win this war.

I had traveled to the small village a few hours from the royal pack lands and just wanted to have a walk around in an area that wasn't swarming with other wolves, the smell itself was making me feel nauseous.

The royal wolf pack was of a substantial size and I was used to being around lots of other wolves but this was completely overwhelming. To think I would rule over all of these people if I won the ascension fights, I shook my head in disbelief.

My thoughts were interrupted as a human came into view. I was on the outskirts of the forest so it wasn't so surprising. It smelt like a human and it looked like one, although I couldn't see its eyes as it's back was turned. I didn't pay them any mind and was going to continue on my walk.

"Hey!" the human greeted my kindly and I turned around to look at him and instantly regretted it. It wasn't a human, those pitch black eyes stared back at me, no whites to be seen. I tried to attack but I couldn't, my body wouldn't obey my brain anymore. "Come closer wolf." the vampire commanded in a snarl and my body moved closer against my will. I had been glamoured, how could I be so stupid? I struggled to break my gaze but I couldn't and slowly approached the vampire who was standing not too far from a van.

My family came to mind, the mate I hadn't even met yet. I didn't want to die, especially not like this.

He hasn't tried to kill me, so what are his intentions? As I got closer he opened the back of the van and I realised the deep shit I was in. I don't know if he knew who I was or if he was just picking the first wolf he came across but the situation was very dire. I continued to fight with all my willpower but the vamp was just too strong. He was old and practiced in his tricks.

Suddenly a flash of black zoomed past my body and the vamp got knocked to the ground. It was another wolf, a huge one. I felt the glamour slip a little and fought against it again, managing to get some control back. I watched as the wolf ripped the vampires head off with ease. He turned around to look at me and orange eyes stared back. Orange? I've never seen eyes that colour on a wolf before or one such a size. It was freaking huge! The orange eyed wolf chucked the severed head at me and it bounced off my chest, causing blood to splatter all over me. It was kind of rude but it did the trick to release me from the vampires clutches and I breathed in the scent of their blood eagerly, the iron smell clearing my head the rest of the way. The orange eyed wolf chucked the head at me again and I managed to catch it, a bit clumsily but I managed. How embarrassing.

The wolf let out an huff and turned to leave, obviously not impressed with me.

"Hey! Wait." I called out. "Thank you." I tried to thank him but he was long gone, obviously not thinking I was worth his time, damn he was fast. I let out a defeated sigh. Well I certainly gave a good first impression, I felt such a fool. I trudged back to the pack lands and a thought suddenly struck me. Did he know who I was? Would he tell others what had happened? It would ruin my reputation that was for sure, I would have to find him and convince him otherwise. I sniffed the air to get his scent but found nothing. He had learned to mask his scent, damn it! Well I know where he is going but finding him among thousands of wolves wasn't going to be easy, even with those unusual eyes of his and his pitch black fur and his huge size.