(26) T R U T H

It took them 12 hours to reach LA. A car and few guards were already waiting for them.

Sadness was creased all over Eleanora's face. She was finally back to her second home, her real home.

During the whole ride, Lucifer never once acknowledged her presence and nor did Nora tried to talk to him.

The car stopped near a grand hotel and she followed Lucifer, with the guards behind them.

The manager immediately rushed towards them and started to escort them towards the elevators.

He showed them their rooms. Lucifer's room was right beside hers. Before she could enter inside her room, he grabbed her wrist stopping her and motioned at the guards.

Nora watched in confusion as they entered inside and two minutes later, they came out.

"Everything is clear, Sir." The guard informed and that's when he released her wrist.

"If you need anything, just inform them." Lucifer pointed at the guards. She nodded her head in response and finally entered inside the room.

It was a decent looking giant room with every accessory.

Nora changed herself in some comfy PJs and decided take a quick nap.

A hour or so later, there was a knock on her door. She mumbled a small come in and a worker rolling a food trolley stepped inside following by a guard.

She ate her dinner and went to sleep. Next morning, she woke up early and took a warm shower. By the time she was dressed up, her breakfast arrived.

A hour or so later, a knock on the door gained her attention and a guard stepped inside.

"Mam! We will be heading out now." He informed her.

Nora nodded at him in kind of appreciation and followed him outside.

Lucifer was already waiting for her in the car. She slid inside.

"Good morning." She smiled but only got a small nod in response.

"Umm can we please stop by a flower shop on our way?" She asked, there was no hint of hesitation on her face like other times.

Lucifer again nodded while typing something on his phone. Nora sighed lightly and turned her face to look out the window, watching the beautiful and familiar scenery outside.

The car stopped near a flower shop and she stepped out accompanied by two other guards. Lucifer handed her his black card without a word.

She smiled at him and trotted inside.

Nora bought a bouquet of fresh lilies, her mother's favorite flowers. A smile never leaving her face.

It took them a complete hour to reach the graveyard. Lucifer told her that he will be outside. Of course he had no interest in visiting his mother's grave when he was the one who in anger took a part in killing her to take revenge.

He was understandable when he didn't let the guards follow her because at this time, Nora needed a full privacy and some time alone to spend with her mother.

"I am trusting you only this time, Nora! Don't run!" He warned.

She smiled slightly and shook her head.

"I won't."

They waited in their cars as Nora entered through the gates. Her small legs took her to the familiar path. But the sad smile on her face suddenly started vanishing and her steps halted.

David was there sitting near Acacia's grave. His painful loud sobs hurt Nora's heart more.

She remembered the way in anger she lashed out at him and her soul clenched with guilt.

For a second, she was about to take a step ahead and place her hand on top of his shoulder to comfort him but his words again stopped her from doing so.

"I-I know I-I was the r-reason of my d-daughter's condition. Y-you always cried a-about how our Eleanora n-never say a w-word. S-she was c-changed and I-I was the f-fucking culprit of that c-crime. I-I s-s-sold her. F-for that o-one n-night and I-I ruined her w-whole l-life." Nora's body stumbled back slightly in shock.