(49)

"Please. Please. Wake up Angel." She pleaded crying and grabbed his face with both of her trembling hands.

"Nora!" Damon's voice rang in her ears.

She looked up to see him and Dominic together.

"D-damon! Look A-angel is not w-waking up." She choked on her sobs.

He crouched down in front of them and checked Angel's pulse. His hands moved behind to touch Angel's head to look for the injury. Nora's eyes widened when his fingers coated with Angel's blood.

"We have to take him to the hospital." He said and hoisted Angel's unconscious body over his shoulder.

"Don't worry about her. I will take care of her." Dominic said with a small nod.

"N-no. I want to go with you Damon please." Nora immediately grabbed Damon's arm.

"Please Nora! It's dangerous out there. Don't worry about Angel. He will be fine. Just go with Dominic! He will keep you safe."

With that Damon pulled his arm out of her grip. Tears rolled down her cheeks as she watched her brothers leaving her.

She gasped in surprise when out of nowhere Dominic picked her up in his arms.

"Put me down." She shouted at him.

Dominic didn't expressed anything but kept walking with her in his arms. She started thrashing in his arms.

"I said put me down Dominic!"

"That's enough alright." Nora immediately stilled for some reason. His voice just had this weird edge and it scared her.

He took her out of the scheduled area but soon he paused when his eyes fell on certain someone who was blocking his way.

His grip on her unconsciously tightened.

Nora looked up at him and then followed his vision line. Her eyes made contact with Giovanni's mismatched eyes. He stood in front of them, with several armed men behind him.

Nora looked up at Dominic's face. His expressions showed nothing but a slight dangerous smirk crawl at the end of his lips.

"Give the girl to me, Dominic and we might consider leaving you alive." Giovanni said, with the motion of his finger, several guns pointed in Dominic and Nora's direction.

"Your fucking bestfriend and her brothers are already dead! Damon and Angel will die too. If you don't hand her over to me, I wil--"

"You will what? Kill me? Fucking do then! I would like to see you try!" Dominic chuckled as he let Nora down on her feet and pushed her behind himself.

Nora's hand unconsciously lifted up to clutch Dominic's suit jacket as Giovanni lifted his finger up, indicating his men to shoot.

Her breath hitched and she clenched her eyes shut when several gun shots rang.

Few moments later, she hesitantly opened her eyes. Her eyes made contact with Dominic who was staring right at her with a strange emotion flickering in his eyes.

She peeked from his side to see the evidents of masquerade. There were several other armed man who were standing there with guns in their hands. The ones who were going to shoot Dominic now laid dead on the ground. Nora felt her stomach churned when she glanced at Giovanni's dead face. He looked unrecognizable with the amount of bullet shots and blood running down his face.

"I promised your brother that I will take care of you." He said and again picked her up in his strong arms.

"Don't feel any kind of pity for him. He raped and killed Serenity! He deserved it. Alexander was also a equal culprit! William handled him well too." He told her with his eyes pointing at Giovanni's dead body. Nora felt her heart clenched at the mention of Serenity. The revelation coursed anger and pain in her veins.

***********

Nora was taken to the hospital to meet Angel the next day. His condition was still critical. She met Hades and Damon there. William, Vincent, Hunter and Lucifer joined their siblings later. Nora felt like Lucifer was making excuse of his absence when he said that they were stuck in some last minute business. The cuts on their fists showed something more than the business. But Nora avoided questioning them. She was just content knowing that they were safe.