(50)

Nora was taken to the hospital to meet Angel the next day. His condition was still critical. She met Hades and Damon there. William, Vincent, Hunter and Lucifer joined their siblings later. Nora felt like Lucifer was making excuse of his absence when he said that they were stuck in some last minute business. The cuts on their fists showed something more than the business. But Nora avoided questioning them. She was just content knowing that they were safe.

"Nora! You really need to take rest sweetheart. Our mansion is under reconstruction. That's why one of us will take you to one of the penthouse." Damon tried to reason with her but she stubbornly declined.

"No Damon! I won't go anywhere until Angel wakes up."

Damon sighed and looked in William's direction. A faint soft smile was playing on his lips, as he watched him and Nora kinda arguing with each other from the last one hour.

Hunter, Lucifer, Vincent and Hades were not present there in the hospital. They had been gone to check up on their home that was being renovated. They didn't needed the repeat of last time.

"After a shower and some hours rest, you can come back. I will take you here myself." William said.

Nora frowned.

"I want to hear none excuse." He stated before she could even open her mouth to say something.

With a slight slumped posture, she followed him out of the hospital, to his car. She buckled her seatbelt, watching as he pulled the car out of the parking lot.

"So....." Nora started the conversation.

"So what?" He asked.

"Is the danger over now? I mean Giovanni is killed. So we are safe now, right? But how did you come to know that it was them?"

"We had suspicions about both of them in past. Then they suddenly attacked along with the Russians. Anyway, everything is under control now. But in our life danger is at every turn, Nora! I know you are scared and all. That's why I want to give you a choice." Nora turned her head to look at him with interest.

"I can make arrangements of sending you back to your old life to someone trustworthy who will provide you the love of real parents, there will be no constant dangers lurking in the shadows. Or you choose to stay here- with us?"

"I don't want to go anywhere. I want to be with you, my brothers, my family. I consider you as my parent. I don't care about any danger because I know that in the end, you seven will always save me." She smiled. William turned his head to look at her and smiled back.

Flashback*

William fisted his hands and stared down at the blood that was ozing out of his side.

"I will call someone to clean up." Dominic murmured from behind him as he too stared at the mass of dead bodies.

Him and William promised destruction everytime they were seen together.

After hearing William's silence Dominic took it as his queue and walked out from that dim area. His phone in his hand, trying to search for the signal.

William leant against the wall and lit a cigarette. He sighed, inhaling the toxic fumes and the calmness the cancer stick provided.

Sounds of small footsteps reached his ears. He tilted his head to the side as a small girl carrying a heavy school bag on her small shoulders emerged from the darkness in the other side. His brows furrowed. She hardly looked around to be at the age of 15 or something. She gasped, her wide eyes connected with the gruesome scene in front of her.

Suddenly her eyes moved in the direction where William was standing. He didn't moved nor did she. The lights were dim and they couldn't see each other clearly. But still they stared at each other.

Something snapped in her and she started stepping back. Within the seconds, she was running away from him. For some reason William didn't wanted to let her.

************

The girl came running back to her home, fully drenched with the rain.

"Eleanora! Where were you?" Her mother shouted at her.

Eleanora ignored her like usual and tried to walk past her.

"Don't you ignore me like that, young lady!" Her mother said sternly and a little roughly grabbed her arm.

Nora shuddered slightly at the contact.

"What happened Nora? Where were you?" Acacia asked in a concerned tone. Her eyes flickering up and down at Nora's shivering body.

"What's gotten over you my darling?" Acacia cried.

"Why don't you speak to me? What changed Eleanora?"

Nora didn't replied but kept staring at the ground below them. Her heart could be heard thumping loudly against her chest. Her eyes seemed lost in mid of some chaos.

Nora's heart sank in guilt as she stared at the tears of her mother.

A minute later, when Acacia finally calmed down, she released her daughter from her hold.

"I am s-s-sorry mamma." A faint whisper reached in Acacia's ears.

Her eyes snapped at Nora's face. Acacia was shocked and frozen at her place. Before she could even utter any word out, Nora ran upstairs.

She softly shut the door behind herself and walked towards her small bed. A tear rolled down her pale cheek as she hugged her bestfriend, her small teddy bear, Mr. Snuggles. Her heart was seeking comfort from the stuff toy.

***********Few days later.

Eleanora cried heavily at her mother's funeral. Her shaking arms were hugging her father's tightly. Her father, David was holding her tightly close to his chest. The pain of losing someone forever close to heart was the worst to be imagine.

The guards rushed forward to open the door of William's car. He stepped out from it and fixed his collar slightly. His feet moved with a grace, inside the graveyard.

His eyes fell on David, husband of Acacia. But someone was standing behind him, hidden from his view. He lit his cigarette watching them.

Few seconds later, David finally moved, his scared eyes now fixed on William's emotionless stare. His eyes moved at the second person who stood beside David.

His brows furrowed as he stared at the identical pair of eyes as his own. They were identical at this point, William felt like he was staring at his own eyes' reflection.

But there was no mask of blankness in those eyes. The emotions playing in them were clearly evident. Sadness, grief, pain and confusion; that's what reflected in that innocent gaze.

For some reason when David was dragging her behind him, William recognized her not only as the same girl from that alleyway but also someone deeply and fully related to his family.

...............The End of Part 1! Thank you so much for reading. Do comment down below your thoughts regarding this book. Have you enjoyed it?

•••• the sequel book 'The Princess and her Devil Brothers' (available for free on Wattpad). TPHDB is the continuation of Her Seven Deadly Brothers (Part 1). At first it would be confusing but it will make sense soon. Again I'm repeating that TPHDB is the sequel book, it's available on my account!

••••Also check out third alternative supernatural version of 'Older Brothers' as in 'Her cruel brothers' and spin off short story Nora (exclusively available on my patreon page) It is also an short story of 20 chapters. Link to my patreon page is on my profile. Hope you enjoy them too. Stay safe and happy❤️❤️❤️