(45) EMOTIONAL

Soft whimpers released through Eleanora's lips as she watched the casket bury down in the soil. The scene was familiar to her but the pain was raw and heartbreaking.

Warmth of Damon's arm that wrapped around her petite waist. The gentle action spread the sense of strength throughout her body.

Serena was a crying mess, holding on to her father Eli who looked emotionless but Nora could clearly see the pain hidden behind that blank curtain of those eyes. He was hurting inside but he built a strong barrier around himself so just he could provide the much needed comfort to his second daughter. It was the most difficult time for Eli, watching the piece of his heart giving its last goodbye.

One look at the emotionless looking William and Eleanora was sure that whoever did this crime was going to pay dearly. For the first time, her heart and soul fully agreed with her brothers.

*****************

It's been three days since Serenity's funeral was held. Serena was awfully quiet. For some reason, Eleanora had noticed that Serena was purposefully ignoring her. Nora didn't minded. She knew that Serena needed this time.

For the next few days, Nora just fixed her whole attention on her studies as her exams were almost there. The day of her final last exam was the day, she finally felt a huge pressure being lifted off her shoulders.

Serena was finally coming around and Nora started spending more time with her as she was fully free due to her school breaks. Nora was aware that she could never fulfill the depletion of Serenity in Serena's life but she wanted to let her know that she was always there for her.

To cheer up Serena, Nora got permission from William and they went to amusement park, shopping centres and many other places.

One day her brothers were out after leaving the mansion with tight security.

Nora was cooking alone in the kitchen, Serena was rambling about the boys at her University. Nora every time cringed when she mentioned the horrid acts of them.

They laughed along with each other, sharing their small secret crushes, talking relentlessly about everything. Serena truly did enjoyed Nora's company.

"You know, you are younger than my age but you act more mature and ladylike than me." Serena playfully teased her.

"I think I am going to get wrinkles and grey hair soon if I acted so mature." Nora played along with her.

Serena giggled at her words.

Suddenly she went quiet all of a sudden. Her face flushed as she stared at someone behind Nora's back.

Nora immediately noticed the sudden change in her behavior and slightly turned her head to look behind her. Her eyes widened in surprise as she did so.

"Good morning princess." His familiar voice reached her ears as he smiled at her.

"Elijah!" Nora grinned and moved forward to give him a small hug.

"When did you come back?" She asked. She was actually shocked to see him again. It's been months since he went out of the country for some work.

"Just right now! I was quite hung--" He didn't get the chance to complete because Nora was already tugging his hand and pulling him towards the counter. Elijah let her do so.

"The pasta is getting ready. But I and Serena have baked cookies. Why don't you eat some first?" Nora asked. Her smiling face morphed into a confusing one as she looked at Serena who was stealing some secret glances from Elijah's face.

"Yes Princess." He replied in a polite tone.

Nora smiled lightly at him and started to fix a plate. The sweet aroma of cookies was literally heart melting.

Her brows furrowed as she glanced back at Elijah to find his eyes fixed at Serena. The corner of his lips tilted up in a smirk as Serena squirmed at her place, her cheeks red.

Suddenly it clicked in Nora's mind. She suppressed a giggle that was about to slip out of her lips.

She handed the cookies to Elijah and silently walked out from the kitchen after instructing Serena to make a cup of coffee for Elijah.

Serena at least deserved some time with him and Nora felt like she was a third wheel between two love birds.

Just as Nora was reaching near her room, her phone started ringing.

She frowned as she looked at the unknown number displayed on the screen.

"Hello.." She pressed the phone to ear.

No reply came in for some another moments. She sighed hanging up.

She made her way inside her room and plopped down on the bed.

Just as she was about to close her eyes to get some sleep, a pretty hard knock sounded on the door.

She moved towards the door to open it and her eyes widened slightly as she looked up at Elijah. He looked a little off.

"We are under attack." He announced.