Chapter 19

Eleanora's eyes searched for Anastasia but she was nowhere to be seen. She sighed and sat down on her seat. As she was getting her books out of the bag, her mind went to the conversation she had with William early morning.

He didn't tell her exactly what or how but Anastasia is completely safe now. She's with her real family. This plagued the confusions and questions in her mind but then she thought about getting answers from Anastasia later. Nora didn't care by whatever mean but she just wanted best for her friend.

After the forty minutes of somewhat boring lecture, she was gathering her stuff when a crumpled paper ball fell in front of her.

Confused, she picked it up and unrolled it. Her brows furrowed as she read through it.

'Meet me at the nearest bathroom within 10 minutes and if you don't, then there will be deadly consequences.'

Nora frowned. She read through it over and over again before looking up and around. Nobody was present in the classroom and even the teacher was gone too.

Thinking that someone was playing pranks on her, she threw the paper in trash and headed to her next class.

"Oh I'm so sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going." Nora looked up at the girl who almost bumped into her.

"It's alright." Nora smiled faintly.

"Well I haven't seen you around before. You must be the new face. Are you perhaps the winner of student program this year?"

"Umm no actually." Nora shook her head making the girl's eyes widen.

"Oh so your family must be filthy rich that you get admission in this school at this time of year." She giggled to herself.

Nora shrugged with a awkward small smile too.

"Ahh I'm the worst. I didn't even introduce myself. Hey, my name is Alaska and you?" She brought her hand forward.

Nora shook her hand back before introducing herself as well.

"Well I must go now. I will see you around, Eleanora." Alaska smiled cheerily and took her leave.

Nora smiled. Alaska seemed like a nice girl. Maybe after Anastasia she have gained another friend too.

"You are late." Angel reprimanded her as soon as she took a seat on the chair beside him in the Cafeteria.

"Sorry. I met someone on the way. Hopefully my new friend." Her words caught Hades's attention who was dozing off with open eyes.

"Is that a boy or girl?" He asked.

Nora puckered her lips in a slight pout.

"Will there be any problem if I say it's a guy?"

"Then we will have to have a 'serious talk' with this friend of yours." Hades leaned forward, staring at her with his cold gaze.

Nora flinched slightly and awkwardly looked away. Sometimes she forgets that her brothers can be so scary. They make her feel small and scared under their unforgiving, emotionless gazes.

"Umm there's no need actually. She's a girl. Though she's a senior but she's nice. I like he--"

"HOLY SHIT!"

Nora was interrupted by a loud shout. She and her brothers looked up at the sign of commotion.

"SOMEONE JUMPED FROM THE TERRACE!"

Nora felt her heartbeat drop abruptly.

"What the hell?" Angel looked up at Hades who narrowed his eyes in return.

They stood up and Nora followed the lead.

"Nora--" Angel started but she shook her head.

"I promise I will be fine. I just want to see."

He sighed and grabbed her hand before following Hades's lead.

Funny thing was the crowd of students and teachers parted for them to walk through. For a moment, Nora tried to ignore the fact how everyone treats her family like Royalty.

Angel released her hand and crouched down beside Hades to inspect the dead body of girl.

Nora winced at the graphic scene of blood that was pooling around the body.

Carefully, Hades turned her around. The girl's face was all bloodied but Nora felt her heart sinking when she recognized her. She took a step back in shock and horror.

Covering her mouth with her hand to control the sobs that were going to wreck through her throat, she ran back inside.

Her feet paused in the silent hallway and she collapsed on the floor, breaking down in sobs.

"A-alaska." She whimpered, her blood covered dead face did not vanish away from the frontline of her vision.

Suddenly Nora froze. A paper ball came rolling in front of her.

Her eyes widened as she slowly read through the message.

"What did I say!? I told you that there will be deadly consequences. It's your fault that the poor girl is dead now. Disobey me again and next time, it will be your little best friend!!!---"

She slumped back against the locker as helpless tears rolled down her eyes uncontrollably.

A moment of breaking down later, she continued to read the note.

"---Now listen and listen well, in the evening at sharp 6'O clock, I want you present at 'Starry Nights Diner'. If you don't come or even thought about telling your brothers all of this, you must know that there will be deadly consequences!"

Stunned, Nora remained sitting on the floor with the paper crushed between her fist. A last lone tear roll down her cheek and she whimpered quietly.

"What am I supposed to do?"

I hope you guys like these double updates. Give it a ⭐ and share your views through comments

Get early access upto 41 chapters on my patreon page. Link is in my profile...❤️

Have a good day/night 💞

Love Davina...🌹