(43)

Eleanora nervously played with her fingers while sitting along with the girls that were older than her age. There were 5 girls and she was invited by them to join their group.

Her eyes desperately searched for her brothers but they were no where near to be seen. Damon was the one who left her here saying that she need to loosen it up a little bit.

These girls had just that dangerous aura around them that Nora wasn't feeling any confident around them. Their voices filled with some kind of proudness or something. Their accents were also different and unique and that's what Nora had noticed the off thing. It was same with every guests. Different accents mingled together in this grand ballroom.

"So Eleanora! Tell us about yourself." One of the girl, her name was maybe Sarah but Nora wasn't sure.

"There's nothing to know about me." Eleanora replied in a soft tone.

"Ahn. It's very hard to believe." Another one, her name Nora forgot in the another second, said.

"I agree! You are the talk of everyone from since past months." The only kind looking one from them stated.

"Might I add, everyone was curious about you. That's why they all are here, we are here. Another reason of this tonight's event." Joe, a slightly chubby but stern looking one raised her brow as she stated these words.

"Umm I don't know." Nora stressed out these words. Their claims were not doing anything better to let her keep her nerves calm.

Suddenly Nora noticed a sudden discomfort on Joe's face. Nora looked at her confused and then followed her eyes. Other girls did the same.

There was he? Nora just knew that it had to be him. She wasn't sure how did she was sure but something inside her told her that it was actually him. The one who always saved her directly or indirectly. Dominic!

His presence didn't yet alone made these girls shut their mouths but also the guests. They all stared at him like he was their death itself.

Suddenly his eyes met hers and Nora all of a sudden forgot to breath. She stared at his face as he removed his gaze from her to someone else. It was almost like Nora was stranger and he didn't knew her at all despite the fact that he saved her life twice.

Suddenly his tall frame blended between the crowd and the girls sitting around Nora finally decided to breath.

Sarah's eyes moved towards Nora with a look of accusation and envious in them. Nora frowned at the sudden change in her behavior.

"Why was he looking at you?" Nora lacked a reply at her question.

It was just a small eye contact. What even was the big deal in it?

"Did I really saw him checking her out?" The fifth girl who was mostly quiet spat out in her thick scottish accent.

Oh gosh! What these girls are even talking about? It was just a small eye contact. Why would he check her out?

Her cheeks burnt at the thought.

"E-excuse me." She excused herself from the group and literally took off out of there.

She wanted to sneak out from here and head back to her room but paused when her wrist was grabbed.

"Are you trying to run?" Lucifer's teasing voice only made her cheeks colour turn more red.

She shook her head in denial. He looked at her up and down but it wasn't in uncomfortable type of way.

"You look mature type in this dress." He commented. Nora didn't knew whether to take his words as a compliment or insult.

"Let's go. Can't leave you alone wandering around here!" He pulled her towards somewhere.

He soon paused in front of a more kind of scheduled area, her brothers, Alexander, Giovanni and his brother Xavier, Dominic and some more scary kind of males were sitting there.

Nora was guided on a seat beside Vincent and Lucifer decided to stand behind her like he was playing a role of bodyguard.

Angel gave her a short cold glance and turned his head back towards his drink. He looked more off today for some reason.

"belle vue à voir est ta soeur." One of the scary male said out loud. His eyes fixed on her.

Nora looked at him confused.

"notre soeur ne te regarde pas." Damon stated his words coldly.

"What price William?" One of the man asked. What price?

"I want her to warm my bed." Nora felt like choking once again as soon these words slipped past his lips bluntly.

Her heart dropped.

Her brothers whereas didn't looked affected. Giovanni and Xavier looked amused and Alexander was rolling his eyes. Dominic was chugging the liquid of his bitter drink down his throat.

"Why quiet? For the beauty like her, I can give my all fortune. Just one night." He stressed out his words.

"She's not up for sale." It was surprisingly William who replied coyly.

That man sighed.

"Why not? The girl born in Mafia family are only for this. If you think that she is young, so I can wait until she turn 18 and then I will marry her." A chill ran down Nora's spine at that man's words. He looked thrice than her age even older than William and Dominic. At Alexander's age or might be a bit old.

As soon as these words slipped past his lips, a gun shot rang off. She flinched at the sound.

She looked fearfully at the man who was offering to marry her, was now dead. Her eyes snapped towards Angel who carelessly threw the gun at the table after finishing the job.