𝘚𝘪𝘹

Rijin POV:

I felt my mood lighten up as I heard that familiar footsteps. I wait for the owner to come out, it's been 3 whole days, he hasn't come out since then which I don't know how he survive without eating. "Jaehyun!" I run towards him. "It's been a while" He slightly smiles. "Are you okay now?" I asks. "I guess, yeah"

"Noona, Winwin-hyung is calling you" Chenle nudges me. "Alright" I run upstairs. I go straight to the gaming room walking in. Compare to the other days that Sicheng is alone playing, this time he's playing with Renjun, Jisung and Jungwoo. They are all sitting in a line, each eyes are on the game.

"Mister, you called for me?" I ask standing beside him. "Yeah, get your phone" He demands not looking at me. "Hey, wait" He adds turning the swivel chair to me with him sitting on. "Why?" I ask getting my phone from my pocket. "Order us food" He stare at me. "Why?" I repeats. "I'll pay for it. You stinky woman" He rolls his eyes. "What kind of food you all want?" I look around the room. "I want milktea"

"So 2 milktea, and?" I ask pressing a few keys on the phone. "Let me see the menu" Jungwoo stands next to me. I show him the screen, he holds onto my hand scrolling through my phone. "Hey, are you seriously doing this in front of me?" Both me and Jungwoo turns around facing Jisung. "What's wrong?" Renjun ask this time. "They're PDA. You know PDA? Public Display of Affection!"

"Hey, order already, I'm hungry" Sicheng snaps. "Right!" I press check out. I press order turning off my phone. "Then, I'll wait outside" I awkwardly said. I was about to leave when I felt a hand on mine. I look at the owner, Sicheng. "What is it? Let go" I squirm under his touch. "No" I don't know what has gotten into him that he's suddenly doing this, I'm confuse. "Let go" I repeats trying to remove his grasp on my hand.

"Rijin!" I panics, it's Jaehyun. He stood by the door looking at where I am. "Yes?" I nervously calls. "Can we talk?" He asks going in the room which doesn't help to my nervousness. Sicheng is tightly holding my hand. "Hey, let go of me now" I face Sicheng. "Beg me" He grin. "Rijin?" I did not notice that Jaehyun stops to Jungwoo but still, the sight is visible to where he is.

"Hey, let go of me now" I give another pull of my hand from his. "Hey, can you all leave first?" Within a second, everyone in the room leaves with Jungwoo pulling Jaehyun with the rest. "Hey, do you like Jaehyun?" He finally let go of my hand. "What do you mean?!" I shouts. "The way you worried for him, the way your gaze glisten when you caught a sight of him, do you like him?" He states. "So what if I do? What's wrong with that?"

"I'm warning you, Jaehyun is engage" He burst my bubble. "What?" I snaps. "He is fix to this certain woman that will arrive tomorrow. The rest of the gang is leaving tonight leaving only you, me and Jaehyun." He explains further. "It's just an affection, nothing else" I sighs. Why am I hurt? There's nothing between us to begin with. I'm just simply one ordinary girl to him, nothing else. Maybe friends, just friends.

"And that woman, it's my half sister. I'm sorry to add burden to you but starting tomorrow, please take care of Huan well" He continues. "Will you increase my salary?" I enquire. "I can't believe you're saying that" He sighs. "So will you?" I mutters. "I will, so go and take a rest already. A tough day is waiting for you"

The fake smile I held while exiting the room fell, do I like Jaehyun? In what way? Maybe because I grew fond of him? Is that the reason? What exactly is the reason that my chest is aching and feels tight? "Rijin, can we talk?" Jaehyun step up the stairs. "Oh, right" I nods.

Is he going to tell me about his upcoming marriage? Why tho? "I can't be your Mom's personal doctor now" Instead of what I'm expecting, he said something unexpected. "What? Why? Who will help my Mom now?" The burden in my chest increases. "Doctor Park will take over my spot, don't worry, he's been a doctor for 30 years now. I'm sure he will take care of your Mom good or even better than me" He explains. "I understand" I nods in defeat.

"Aren't you gonna ask why I'm backing up?" He rub his hand together. "Mister told me." I sighs. "Mister? Oh, Winwin. I guess he told you" He nods. "It's my duty, I have to do it. I've got no choice and I'm not complaining. Huan is my ideal woman" He slightly smiles. I guess that woman is really a good, beautiful and reliable woman. "She must be pretty" I give him a small smile.

"She is, I can't ask for more. Then, I have things to settle. See you" He smiles walking down the stairs. I sigh watching his back fade. I don't care anymore, that's right. My priority is my Mom, not myself. That's right. It's the reason why I'm here. Nothing else.

"But why is it so painful?"