𝘌𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

Rijin POV:

Sicheng sat next to me sighing. "What did you say?" I ask. "You're about to say whatever, right? Every time I hear that, I know you're about to sacrifice something" He said. He's right, but how did he know? "When exactly was the last time you give yourself a reward?" He face me. "I don't know and I don't care" I smiles. "Please enlighten me"

"I was 18 when I found out my Mom was suffering by this deadly disease. In conclusion, things got hard so I stop pursuing my dream, I wanted to be a photographer but I stop it. I started working non stop for my Mom's medication. And this money? I've been saving this since I was 16." I explains.

"Then spend it" He shrug. "Mister, my Mom needs to have another surgery. It's as expensive as the last one she does a month ago. If you're wondering where all the money I earn from you goes, it go straight to the hospital. I don't even spend a dollar from it" I shakes my head. "Tell me more. I'm listening"

"I wanted to be like other girls out there. I want to wear pretty clothes, make myself presentable and hangout anywhere without thinking about money. But if I do that right now or if I put aside my priority, I would lose my Mom." I gulp holding in my tears. "You can prioritize both"

"I can't. No matter what I do, I can't." I swallow the lump in my throat. "Mister, I want to date too or go out. What should I do? I'm so lost right now, I can't think straight" I felt the corner of my eyes were started to fill up with tears. "Rijin, one at a time. Don't rush yourself. You'll be alright"

"Is there something you want to do?" He asks. "Yes" I nods. "Tell me" He inform. "I want to photograph my Mom before she enter that risky operation"

I nervously hold the DSLR on my hand. Hojin push the wheelchair my Mom is on as they get in the venue with Sicheng helping. "Mom" I walk towards her. "Suddenly? Why do you suddenly want to photograph me?" She smiles. At this point, I can't smile back at her. Her eyes are red and bloodshot and her lips are dry and she's pale. "Mom, let's touch you up a little, alright?"

I kneel beside her getting a lipstick. I put it on hers then fix her hair. "Let's start" I slightly smile. I hold the camera near my face pressing the shutter. I takes as many pictures as possible, for memories.

"Now, go in there" Sicheng get the camera from me. Both me and Hojin stand beside Mom smiling at the camera. We took a few more photos before bringing my Mom back to the hospital.

I sat down on the chair outside looking through the photos we took. "Noona" Hojin sat beside me. "Why?" I ask not looking up. "Mom talk to me" That's when I lost it. The way his voice cracks, it only indicates something. "What did she say?" Forget about knowing what they talk about, I still ask it.

"She said she don't want to suffer anymore. She said she don't want you to wreck yourself for her. Noona, Mom don't want to do the operation. I already talk to Doctor Park so go and see Mom" He explains. "You cancel the operation?" I exclaims. "Noona, I agree with Mom. Look at yourself, all you think about is Mom. As a mother, do you think she wants her daughter to be like this? Talk to her"

"Mom" I close the door behind me. "Did Hojin told you?" She slightly smiles. Her chest bringing up and down. "Mom....why?" I mumbles. "Rijin...you did well. So well." She slowly brings her hand up ruffling my hair. "Mom, no. I'll get the doctor to ready the operation, stay here" I says. "No, Doctor Park said I'm at the peak." She respond. "Huh?"

"He said that if I do the operation, I will be put in a life support. You know what that means right? I'll eventually die so let me die without giving you a last burden. You did so well, please let me rest" I lost it. I lost the battle. I thought I'm winning but I'm not. It's slowly killing me. "Mom, I'm tired too but I never stop, so please don't"

"I'm not just tired, Rijin. I'm so tired. You'll be alright without me" Just then the door opens, it reveals Doctor Park and Hojin. "Ms. Kang, can we start now?" Doctor Park enquire. "Start what?" I face the older man. "Hojin, go out with your sister" Mom smiles. "Noona, let's go"

"What will they do?" I tried to get to the door but Hojin block my path. "Stop it already! You're not stupid! Stop asking things you know!" He shouts. "No No No" I chants trying to get a hold of the door. "I said stop it! Don't let me use my strength. You're older but please, listen to me this time, you're not in the right mind" He spats. "Please let us through" A group of nurse enter my Mom's room.

Just then, the door open revealing a bed covered in white clothe. "Hyung, please take care of my sister" Hojin follows the doctors leaving me with Sicheng who arrives just now.

"Rijin, let's go"