𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

the only sound in the room was the clanking of chopsticks and spoons on the plates and bowls

it was dinner time and eun had stayed longer than intended. the dinning room was completely silent. no one spoke a word. eun noticed that haechan who sitting next to her aswell as dahyun sitting across from her, were completely fine with this silence.

eun wasn't used to this. normally at her house, whenever it was dinner everyone would be chatting and laughing at jokes and past memories.

the silence here was almost deafening.

the thing is, it was dark now, almost 8pm and haechan said it's dangerous for her to go out this late and it's better if just stayed the night.

ms. chae didn't seem to have a problem with it so eun just agreed.

eun soon discovered that haechan's mom's last name is chae so she calls her ms. chae.

"so, eun. how old are you?" ms. chae finally broke the silence. eun stopped eating and looked up at the older woman.

"i'm 17." she replied with a soft voice.

"17 and with those things on your neck? do your parents know about this?" ms. chae asked with a raised eyebrow.

eun's eyes furrowed at that as she lifted her hand to touch her neck. she gazed at haechan who also gave her a nervous look.

she noticed her hickeys.

eun's cheeks blushed in embarrassment as she looked down at her plate in shame.

i should've covered them up.

"eomma, stop." haechan said in a stern voice. "what? i'm just asking. so eun, do your parents know you sleep around?"

eun could only bite her lower lip and shake her head. but deep down, she was raging in anger.

who does this woman think she is to talk to her like that? like she's her mother.

fucking bitch.

"i'm not sleeping around. i'm sleeping with my boyfriend." eun simply replied. ms. chae raised an eyebrow at her and took her glass of wine and took a sip.

"do your parents know you have a boyfriend and is sleeping with him?"

"why do you care? they don't need to know. plus, haechan's sleeping with me and you're  not asking him these questions." eun snapped.

"hm? ms. chae, do you know your son his sleeping with me?"

ms. chae glared at eun. "ofcourse i do. he's my son." "then why do you care if i do?" ms. chae only shrugged.

"woman don't sleep around. that's being a slut. boys are just being boys. having sex is normal."

she didn't just say that. eun could only think in disbelief of this woman.

eun had enough. she stood from her seat and looked at the floor. "i need to excuse myself." and she practically ran upstairs.

haechan sighed in frustration.

"donghyuck." he ignored his mother's call for him and ran after eun.

haechan found eun on his bed staring at the floor, clutching the material of her skirt.

haechan sighed and sat next to her. he only kept quite but then he suddenly heard sniffles.

"eun?" he noticed that she was crying. she didn't reply and kept her gaze on the floor.

eun was angry not sad. she was angry at ms. chae of course. she always had the habit of crying when she's extremely angry or frustrated. just like right now.

"what, donghyuck?" she asked, wipping her cheeks from the tears.

"why'd you lie that we had sex?" eun was in disbelief. that's what he wanted to ask. why she lied about them sleeping together. that's when she lashed out.

"donghyuck, really?! that's what you want to ask after your mom just slut shamed me?! why i lied that we had sex? are you fucking kidding me, hyuck?!" she suddenly yelled.

"donghyuck, she fucking slut shamed me cause i'm a girl. like what the actual fuck? and you know what's worse? you didn't even say anything! you didn't stand up for me, nothing!" eun stood from the bed.

she was clearly frustrsted. her hair was a mess and she had a wet face from tears. tears of anger.

haechan immediately shook his head. "no, no. baby, i'm sorry. i was just as shocked as you i didn't even react. i'm sorry i made you mad." he stood up as well.

he hung his head low in shame of nit standing up for his girlfriend. eun sniffled as she looked up at haechan.

"are you really sorry?" her voice cracked. "ofcourse i am." eun nodded as she suddenly hugged him.

"you better mean it." she mumbled into his chest. haechan only nodded and hummed. "also, sorry about my mom. she can be really misogynistic sometimes."

"i can tell."

it was their first fight. and it was caused by his own mother.

"can we cuddle?" haechan chuckled at the sudden soft side of eun. "ofcourse, babe."

finally updated

finally updated. sorry for taking so long :(
and thank you all for 900+ reads! love you my butterflies <33

also haechan's mom's a bitch