𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫

the teenage girl sighed, dragging her heavy suitcase down the set of stairs- huffing and puffing every now and then from the weight

her sister at the bottom of the stairs speaking with her mother made her smile lightly.

it's been about three weeks since their father's passing and it has not been easy. his death was sudden, unexpected and heart wrenching. moving on from this would take forever, especially for eun.

walking up to her mother, wrapping her arms around the person that gave her life and received one back. she lightly patted eun's head comfortably and placed a small kiss on top her head.

"don't worry mom, i washed my hair last night." that earned a laugh from both yumi and her mom.

pulling away, eun faced her sister and gave her a bittersweet smile. "i know i always said you're so annoying i don't want to live with you but i never meant it literally."

yumi just chuckled and grabbed eun's arm, pulling her in a long awaited hug. eun melted into the hug, embracing her back with tears stinging her doe eyes.

"i'm gonna miss you.." yumi whispered in a broken voice. "me too." eun didn't let her tears fall, she didn't want to cry.

"i promise i'll visit soon, okay?" eun cooed, gripping her sister's hand as if she didn't want to let go, and she didn't. yumi nodded painfully, her cheeks being stained with tears she tried to cover.

yumi waved painfully at the departure of her younger sister and mother, watching as they drove off to the airport leaving her alone.

due to her father's death, eun had no guardian to take care of her as she was just seventeen. her sister wasn't employed and so couldn't go under her care then they decided she'd rather move to america with her mother as her legal guardian.

it was painful for eun to leave korea, leaving her childhood, her friends, family and memories. she had no choice but if she did, she'd choose to stay.

it's sad, but life is full of sudden goodbyes.

...

3 years later
21 april 2023
- new york, usa

theodore ran back t|
theodore ran ba|
theodore r|

the college student threw her pair of clear framed glasses carelessly, a groan escaping her lips as she massaged her eyes with her hands.

she pulled her hands away, glaring up at the wall clock that ticked loudly filling up the whole dorm and it felt as if it was taunting her.