Interrogating Marty and Rob

The next day, the police department called Joyce's house and I answered, "We will be right there. Thank you." I hung up, then I called Steve..

N: "Hey sweetheart. Do you think you could drive me to the police station...and be there for moral support?"

S: "Hey babe! I'll be there in a flash."

N: "See you in a jif. Love you."

S: "I love you too, babe."

After I hung up and waited for Steve, I had a gut feeling that Marty and Rob weren't telling the whole truth.

In the car on the way to the police station, anxiety creeped up on me. I held my hand out for Steve's hand and he took his hand in mine. "We're gonna get through this." He told me. I smiled and said, "I know."

An hour later, we arrived. After we parked and everything, we were led to a room that was attached to the interrogation room. We waited until Marty and Rob were sat down, then we were led to the opposite side of the table and sat down. Two officers stood on either side of the room. Steve and I each took deep breaths, then we began interrogating them.

Things got very intense about three hours later when we asked them how they knew me and why they were still here. "Simple," Rob said, "we knew you snuck into the lab and followed you when you disappeared." "We posed as security guards in 2021, and here in 1985...because we knew that you were the one." Marty said. I scoffed and replied, "What the shit is that supposed to mean?" "You're trapped here. When Marty and I leave, you're stuck here forever." Rob said. "Joke's on you, I want to stay here. What can you possibly do to me further? I know you two are literal monsters, and Marty shattered my clavicle. And you two already terrorized the whole damn town." I said. That's when the intense part hit. Before any of us could react, Marty and Rob broke out of their restraints and attacked me and Steve. One of the cops pressed a button on the wall and a loud alarm rang out. The cops tried breaking up the fights, but ended up getting knocked unconscious. More cops and even the chief of police rushed in, but in a flash, Marty and Rob transformed into their..monster..forms.

As Steve and I tried fighting back against the freaks, the cops and chief stayed back. The fights stopped, thankfully, when someone injected a sedative in each  of Marty and Rob's neck. After they fell unconscious and were taken away, it turned out that Max sedated them. I looked at her, then Steve and I looked at each other, then back at her and said, "How?" "I snuck in on the middle of the scuffle." She replied. We nodded and slowly sat up, collectively groaning in pain. "Steve, how are you?" I said. "I'm fine..this is nothing new to me, but I'll definitely wake up sore in the morning. You?" He replied. "I'm fine." I told him. We looked at each other and started laughing. "We look like Rocky!" Steve said. I nodded and quoted, "Aaaadriaaaaan!" We laughed until it actually hurt to laugh.

On the way back home with Max in the car, we quoted Rocky and joked about the day's events. "I'm glad that's over though." I said. "Me too." Steve and Max said. After we got home, Steve and I treated each other's wounds then we watched NeverEnding Story as we ate popcorn and drank "New" Coke. Joyce drove Max home, then came back. Steve and I ended up falling asleep on the couch.

The next morning, I woke up with every single muscle and fiber in my body aching and burning. I heard Steve groan as he woke up too. "I hope those freaks are dealt with." I said. "Me too." Steve replied. "Hey lovebirds. I made you guys some eggs and pancakes. There's also some orange juice and coffee, and of course, ibuprofen." Joyce said as she gently handed each of us a tray of said stuff. I smiled and told her, "Thanks, Joyce. You're an angel!" "This all looks so good." Steve said. Joyce smiled back and replied, "You're welcome! Enjoy..oh, and here's some syrup and eating utensils."

After breakfast and medicating, I got ready for the day, then Steve drove home to do the same.