"I'm Free!"

The next day, I was exhausted. The whole left side of my body hurt...a lot. But the venom was almost gone, thankfully. The doctors came back in and began extracting the rest of it.

Two hours later..

"Is it almost gone?!" I cried out. "Yes." A doctor said. I gritted my teeth and tried to keep from yelling in pain again. Over the intercom this time, I heard Steve tell me, "Keep fighting! You're going to survive this!" I could tell by his voice that he'd been crying. I nodded and yelled..trying to keep the fact that I'm in excruciating pain back.., "I'm trying!" I lost consciousness after that.

Another two hours later, I woke up in another room. I didn't feel that excruciating pain anymore. "Neveah? It's gone..the venom is gone." I heard Steve say. I looked at him, then I looked at and felt my neck and shoulder for any remaining marks. There were none! I looked at him, smiling..tears running down my face and said, "I'm free!" I held my arms out to him and he hugged me. We stayed like that for a while, hugging..kissing, and crying. "Welcome back, baby." He whispered to me. I smiled and whispered back, "I'm glad to be back...here..alive." We kissed again and wiped our tears away. "Are we interrupting something?" We looked and saw Joyce, Hopper, El, Will, and Jonathan standing there. We smiled and motioned for them to come in. "We were just reuniting." I said. We then heard running footsteps and Dustin say, "You guys! I know she's awake, but they won't let any more people in!" We all burst out laughing and Hopper said, "It's fine by me if it's fine by Neveah." I nodded, then Dustin, Mike, the Sinclairs, Nancy, and Max slowly filed in.

After visitation hours were over, Steve stayed and I fell asleep. I was discharged the next morning and everything went back to normal.