2.

***************************************************************************************

Chapter Two: Meeting The God Of Mischief

***************************************************************************************

I led Fandral and the (still) unknown young man into the living room, where the Avengers were sat, watching the news with a faux relaxed atmosphere, clearly waiting for news on the sudden arrival. Fandral stepped forward, recieving a warm welcome from Thor, who greeted him eagerly. 

"Fandral! My good friend. What brings you here?" 

Fandral said nothing, but beckoned his companion into the room. As soon as the restrained youth came into view, the silence was broken by the other Avengers, who assumed fighting positions. My Uncle had notched an arrow into his bow in the blink of an eye. Guns were loaded, repulsors charged and various other weapons were mysteriously and quickly acquired from out of nowhere. 

I stood mystified as the atmosphere grew tense. "Guys? Why the hostility? Who is he?" 

"I'll give you a hint, kid. That guy tried to take over New York and failed, had the Glow Stick of Destiny and everything?" Tony said, looking over at me. 

My eyes widened in shock as I finally remembered. "You're Loki?" I exclaimed as I turned to the raven-haired god, who smirked, despite the majority of the room glaring at him in distate and contempt.

"The one and only."

"But... I was under the impression you looked much older?" I said, confused.

"Speaking of which, what happened to you, Lucky Charms? You look like you took the expression 'act your age' a bit too seriously." Tony quipped.

"Stark raises a good point, Brother. Why do you look like you did in our youth? One of your spells gone awry?" 

"A gift, from the Allfather. Seeing as coming to this pathetic excuse of a realm wasn't punishment enough, he decided that my actions were one of a child and thought my outward appearance should reflect that. For all intents and purposes I am now mortal, though not powerless. I have also been stripped of about half of my strength, having now just slightly more than the man out of time." Loki answered, looking quite vexed at the whole situation.

"Wait, so how old ARE you?" Tony asked.

"It will be 1,700 years upon my next namesday. But in Midgardian terms, I would be roughly 16." 

"So New York, all that monologing and drama, was just you having a teenage strop?" Tony and Uncle Clint started to collapse with laughter, the others unable to conceal a smile, but maintained dignity. 

"While I do find all of this amusing, and would gladly watch you poke fun at Loki all day, I do need to return to Asgard quite shortly. I must read the Allfather's decree and ensure that Loki is kept in an adequate environment for his sentence." Fandral spoke, my Uncle and Tony sobering up, though still having wide smiles on their faces.

***************************************************************************************

"ᗷY TᕼE ᗪEᑕᖇEE Oᖴ TᕼE ᗩᒪᒪᖴᗩTᕼEᖇ, ᒪOKI OᗪIᑎSOᑎ IS SEᑎTEᑎᑕEᗪ TO ᖇEᗰᗩIᑎ Iᑎ E᙭IᒪE Oᑎ TᕼE ᖇEᗩᒪᗰ Oᖴ ᗰIᗪGᗩᖇᗪ, ᖴOᖇ TᕼE TOTᗩᒪ Sᑌᗰ Oᖴ OᑎE ᗰIᗪGᗩᖇᗪIᗩᑎ YEᗩᖇ. ᕼE IS TO SᑭEᑎᗪ TᕼIS TIᗰE ᗩS ᗩ ᗰOᖇTᗩᒪ, ᗩᑎᗪ ᗯIᒪᒪ ᖇESIᗪE ᗯITᕼ TᕼE ᗯᗩᖇᖇIOᖇS KᑎOᗯᑎ ᗩS TᕼE ᗩᐯEᑎGEᖇS."

***************************************************************************************

There was a stunned silence as people processed that information. My uncle was the first to react.