12.

(Image above: Hermione's super-suit)

***************************************************************************************

Chapter Twelve: An Interesting First Mission...

***************************************************************************************

Hermione's POV

After a long term, it was finally time to go back home to the Avengers Tower. 

I flooed back and scared the stars and stripes out of Uncle Steve, who was watching a history program. After he had gotten over the shock, he quickly hugged me, knowing that once everyone else knew I was back, he wouldn't get close. 

"Tower's been quiet without you kid. It's nice to have you here. Now, you should probably go say hello to your uncle before he sends out a search party. He's been like a little excited puppy all day; we had to convince Loki not to turn him into one! Speaking of Loki, the raiding mission is tomorrow if you want to accompany us. We think his sceptre is there."

I nodded. "I'll be there. I've been needing something to punch." 

***************************************************************************************

The next day, the Quinjet landed in a country called Sokovia.  It had taken a while to convince Uncle Clint, but once I reminded him about my magic, as well as Aunt Tasha vouching for me, he reluctantly agreed, with the condition that I was to stay near either Loki or Nat at all times. I readily agreed. 

Tony had made me a suit since it was my first mission, and I was completely in love with it. The suit was a lilac and black figure-hugging jumpsuit, with quarter-length bishop sleeves, and a flowing cape, with a hood to complete the look. Although it looked to be purely for aesthetic reasons, the jumpsuit was made with a blend of kevlar and very fine stiches of protective body armour to ensure that I was safe from most explosions and attacks from weapons, should I be for any reason without my wand or backup near by. 

The bracelet that Loki and Tony had gifted me was linked to the earpiece I had recieved upon mission departure, and would allow me to be able to access JARVIS as well. In addition to these precautions, I had a gun holster strapped to my leg, a concealed quiver - complete with a compound bow and arrows, as well as a few backup knives hidden in various places.

Just in case.

I was quite nervous but also quite excited. Since I was in Sokovia, there was no law against underage magic - I wasn't sure they even had a magical school here - so I was perfectly free to use spells. My main concern was trying not to die. 

That would really suck. 

But what I was most excited about was that Loki was also coming. Since he was still exiled, he agreed to assist in missions, especially this one. The scepter had caused him and Uncle Clint so much trauma and pain, so they were in agreement to move it to Asgard, where it would be safe in the Royal Vault.

After a few minutes of extremely cinematic and audience-pleasing action, the fight got back to earth rather quickly as Tony's voice came through the comms. "Sh*t!"

"Language!" 

I fired a 'Bombarda Maxima' at a group of HYDRA soldiers and smirked at Cap's reprimand.

"JARVIS, What's the view from upstairs?" Tony asked.

"The central building is protected by some sort of energy shield. Strucker's technology is well beyond any other HYDRA base we've taken."