7.

***************************************************************************************

Chapter Seven: Why you don't mess with the Black Widow

***************************************************************************************

Loki's POV

After we had spent a few hours reading, the natural light slowly disappeared below the New York skyline, indicating that night had fallen. 

I heard a faint commontion happening nearby and went to investigate. Tracing the sound to the room down the hallway from Hermione's, I opened the door slightly, to find a few of the Avengers yelling at each other over where a certain part of a bed went. I shut the door, having realised they were constructing my room. It was nice of them to do this for me, so I decided to return the favour by making them dinner. I asked Hermione to assist me as some of the Midgardian inventions did not exist on Asgard. Thankfully she agreed.

Because Thor kept eating everyone out of house and home, the pig that he was, we had just enough ingredients to make Sodd, a old Asgardian recipe. Hermione managed to find some strawberries and apples and cut them up into intricate shapes to serve with dessert.

Finally, we finished and called them into the kitchen via JARVIS.

Tony and Steve were glaring at each other, nothing unusual there, Bruce looked exasperated, and Natasha was laughing with Thor. The only person we were missing was Sam and Clint. When I asked Natasha and Co. where they were, she merely grinned and said, "Just wait." 

I smirked.

 Making the Black Widow a victim of their pranks only ended up in a huge prank war, in which the Victor was usually Natasha.

About 30 seconds later, the well-known high-pitched squeals of Sam and Clint rang loud, and both came into the kitchen looking absolutely ridiculous. Sam was modelling a hot pink glitter cape with barbie stickers on his cheek to accentuate the look. Clint was going for a fashion forward casual suit but cracked up and became the egg of our yolks. He was covered head to foot in feathers, secured with glue.

There was a collective intake of breath and then everyone started to laugh. Tony asked Jarvis to take pictures, Natasha looked proud of herself, pleased with how her prank had turned out. But the sweetest sound of all was Hermione's laughter. She had been the first to treat me like a normal person and not as a mass murderer or a god. It was then that I realised, this felt nice to not have to be in trouble to be noticed. These people were fast becoming my new family, one that would accept me for who I am.

After a few minutes of laughter, Sam and Clint shared a devious grin and walked towards Natasha. Her smile quickly fell as she tried to run out of the kitchen and escape, but she was too late. Sam and Clint gave her a huge hug, transferring some of the glitter and feathers to her. She squirmed in disgust and pushed them away. Now covered in patches of feathers and glitter - which would never come off - she stormed away, muttering promises of revenge and profanities which made Steve yell 'Language!'. We laughed at the Captain's despair, which made him roll his eyes good-naturedly.

"Mmm, what's cooking, good-looking?" Sam joked, looking at Hermione, who giggled before replying, "Well, Loki suggested making dinner to thank you for your efforts in constructing his room and furniture. It's actually mostly been his cooking, I just helped prep and used the appliances."

 They looked at me. "It's a traditional Asgardian meal, called Sodd. It has lamb, carrots, potatoes and various other spices. It's simple but delicious, and is quite filling." I explained, for some reason, nervous at their reactions. Thor seemed to smile at the sight of the familiar dish and sat down, serving himself a large helping of the meal. Luckily, Hermione had the foresight to point out that we would need extras for the large appetites and fast metabolism of the Avengers/ Gods. Soon everyone had a plate full. I watched tentatively as they took a sip of the broth.

 I needn't have worried, for they all enjoyed it, and after making me promise I would make it more often, they settled down to finish the meal. I smiled slightly, before focusing on my dinner.

Yes, Today had been a good day.