9.

***************************************************************************************

Chapter Nine: This Girl is on FIRE!

***************************************************************************************

Hermione's POV:

I hugged each person at least twice, promising several times to send gifts and keep them updated on the happenings of the wizarding world.

Tony presented me with a bracelet that he had made, especially for me. It was, essentially, a mobile phone, complete with comms linking to the team, JARVIS, and a panic alert only to be used in the direst situations and genuine emergencies. Seeing as technology didn't work so well with technology, Loki had contributed, ironically casting spells to make the bracelet magic-proof, which meant it would still work at Hogwarts! I thanked them both immensely, grateful for the ability to contact them without delay.

Once the time for departing had come, I moved to stand in the fireplace - which had been expanded for ease of access - and said one final farewell, before grabbing a handful of Floo Powder and speaking clearly.

"Number 12, Grimmauld Place, London."

A wall of green flames engulfed me, but before I went, I saw everyone's reactions, Loki's being the funniest; his eyes widened astronomically and seemed almost panicked. It was an expression not often seen on his face, which made it all the more hilarious.

"THAT IS SO COOL! I WANT A GO!" I heard Tony yell excitedly. I laughed and waved, leaving New York in style.

***************************************************************************************

Loki's POV:

She stepped into the fireplace, threw some grey powder down and yelled her intended destination. 

She suddenly erupted in green flames. 

My eyes bulged.

"WHAT IN ODIN'S NAME?!"

I made to help her, but instead of panicking or shrieking in pain, she laughed and then quite literally, I might add - disappeared in a puff of smoke. The flames disappated, leaving only smouldering ashes where she once stood. I turned to Barton, confused that he wasn't panicking about how his niece had LITERALLY turned to ashes. He must have sensed my panic, as he turned to face me, smirking. "Don't worry Antlers, she's fine; it's the quickest way to internationally travel magically. Right now, she's safe, in London. Freaked me out the first time too."

I sighed heavily, slightly calmer now someone had explained exactly what had just happened.

After a few minutes of idle chatter, the Avengers dispersed to start their day. I made my way to the library, more than willing to lose myself in the written word. 

Time flew by, and before I knew it, Jarvis announced that it was lunchtime. It was somewhat quieter without the young witch around and I found myself missing her company. She was one of the only people in this Tower, perhaps in all of my acquaintances since arriving at this ruddy planet, who was not only interesting to converse with, but could keep up with my line of conversation. We had spent many hours during her respite from schooling discussing the differences between Asgardian and Midgardian magic.

But now that she was gone, I was bored.

Bored.

Bored.

BORED.

The only source of interest had gone, and my brother was hardly an invigorating source of information, the fat oaf spending most of his time in the pantry, spending time with that dreadfuly irritating woman of his, Jane Foster, or sleeping from dawn to dusk.