16.

***************************************************************************************

Chapter Sixteen : A Safe House.

***************************************************************************************

The Hulk had been unleashed, but not like his usual green-bean self. He was paler and sickly-looking, and from where I was standing, I could see slight red wisps near his forehead. Wanda must have enchanted him. I felt tempted to approach him, but sensibly stayed in my spot, concealed. Even by accident, if I got hurt by the Hulk, Bruce would never forgive himself. Once Hulk had leapt off to goodness knows where, I undid the disillusion charm and ran into the ship to find Loki unconscious. 

"Rennervate." 

He shot upright, gasping for breath, eyes wide. I crouched down in front of him. 

"Hey, you're okay. Loki? " 

He calmed down enough to ask, "Where's Bruce?" 

I looked down at the floor. "Gone. I don't fancy tangling with the Hulk on a regular day, let alone one where he's magically enraged." He nodded in understanding. He knew what it was like to be on the recieving end of the enraged being's ire, and would not recommend it. 

"Did she do anything to you?" 

He shook his head. "Just knocked me out. And you?" 

"Let's just say he'll be lucky to be able to have children with how hard I kneed him." I smirked, proud of my mini bit of revenge. I stood up and walked over to the communication device. "Does anyone copy on comms?"

 There was a short pause before my uncle's voice came crackling through the speaker. "Mia..." My uncle's hard breathing was apparent as he spoke. "I'm gonna need your help. And Loki's too if he's there. The team ain't doing great, and I can't carry them all."

***************************************************************************************

The ship flew into the night. 

On board, the team sat there, slumped, lost in their memories and thoughts. We were all shaken, and it would take a while to recover. I sat next to Aunt Nat, hugging her. She seemed one of the worst off, apart from Bruce. She hugged back tightly, appreciating the grounding contact.

"The news is loving you guys. Nobody else is. There's been no official call for Banner's arrest but it's in the air." Hill's voice came through a screen, talking to Tony.

"Stark Relief Foundation?" He inquired

"Already on the scene. How's the team?"

 Tony looked around the jet. "Everyone's... We took a hit. We'll shake it off."

"Well, for now, I'd stay in stealth mode, and stay away from here."

"So, run and hide?" He scoffed.

"Until we can find Ultron, I don't have a lot else to offer." 

Tony sighed. "Neither do we." 

He hung up on Hill and walked over to Uncle Clint, who was piloting the jet. "Hey, you wanna switch out?"

"No, I'm good. If you wanna get some kip, now's a good time because we're still a few hours out."

"Few hours from where?"

"A safe house."

***************************************************************************************