15.

***************************************************************************************

Chapter Fifteen - Ultron Has Anger Problems...

***************************************************************************************

Loki and I waited in the lift going up to our floor in silence, taking in the events of the night. Eventually he broke it. "Why... Why would you help to build Ultron?"

I sighed. "Originally, I was against it. But the vision that Maximoff made me see in Sokovia? Rattled me to the core. I can't let that happen... to any of you. Especially with what's happening in my world at the moment. I don't need the added stress of worrying about potential alien overlords trying to take over the Earth, as well as complete my schooling, and try to keep my best friend safe from the pyscho after him. I never imagined..." I trailed off, getting lost in my thoughts. 

He sighed and hugged me. "I don't think the team would have been half as mad if you, Stark and Banner had told us what you were trying to do. Secrets, no matter how horrible they are, always have a nasty habit of coming out. So reason stands to imply that we should try to conceal as little as possible, especially from the ones we trust and love."

I nodded, taking in his advice. It made me feel a whole lot better. 

"Thanks Lokes." 

"No problem, my dear."

***************************************************************************************

The next morning...

***************************************************************************************

"-He's all over the globe. Robotics labs, weapons facilities, jet propulsion labs. Reports of a metal man, or men, coming in and emptying the place." Hill reported, walking alongside Steve as they walked up the stairs. 

"Fatalities?" He inquired. 

"Only when engaged. Mostly guys left in a fugue state going on about old memories, worst fears and 'something too fast to see'."

"Maximoffs. Makes sense he'd go to them. They both have someone in common."

"Not anymore." She handed him a tablet, which showed the prison cell Von Strucker was in. His body laid on the bed, the word 'Peace' written on the wall, in what looked like blood. 

***************************************************************************************

I stood next to Uncle Clint as he talked to Aunt Laura, not that anyone knew he was married, or had kids. I'd already said hello, and was just waiting for him for finish his conversation. 

"That's a negative, I answer to you. Yes Ma'am." 

"Barton. Might have something." Steve interrupted, looking confused at the phone call. 

"I gotta go." 

"Who was that?" Steve asked curiously.

"Girlfriend." I tried to conceal my smile as Uncle Clint looked at me. It had become a bit of an inside joke, for only Natasha, Fury and I knew the truth.  We walked to the lab where the others were. Steve handed Thor the tablet.  

"What's this?" Stark asked, wandering over. 

"A message. Ultron killed Strucker."

"And he did a Banksy at the crime scene just for us."

"This is a smoke screen. Why send a message when you've just given a speech?" Nat questioned.

 "Strucker knew something that Ultron wanted us to miss." Steve suggested. "