17.

***************************************************************************************

Chapter Seventeen : An Impromptu Visit To Seoul

***************************************************************************************

-Meanwhile, Outside the Royal Holloway University of London-

Loki and Thor leaned against Doctor Selvig's car in casual clothes. 

 "-I'll see you tonight." The sound of Selvig made them turn around. He spotted them and sighed under his breath. "I like the look." He greeted, gesturing to their clothing. "If you're going for inconspicous, though, near miss."

"I need your help." Thor asked.

 "It's nice to be needed." Selvig quipped. 

"It's dangerous." Loki spoke up. Selvig looked at him warily. 

Through their weekly chats, Loki had voiced his regrets and thoughts to Hermione about all the things that he had done to New York, who had urged him to make contact with Selvig and explain what really happened. He followed her advice, and after a long two hours of lengthy discussions and shared trauma, the pair had come to a mutual understanding. 

"Well, I'd be disappointed if it wasn't." Selvig responded as he climbed into the car. "Come on, you can tell me on the way."

***************************************************************************************

They stumbled through a dim cave. finally arriving at a deep pool. 

 "So this is it. The Water of Sight." Selvig spoke, creeping closer to the edge, fascinated.

 "In every realm, there's a reflection." Loki murmured, also curious but wary. 

"If the water's spirits accept me, I can return to my dream and find what I missed. " Thor said, crouching at the bank of the water. 

"You know, Men who enter that water, the legends don't end well." Selvig voiced his concern.

"That's why Loki is here. He will be able to keep the spirits from drowning me long enough to get answers. He's also here to protect you. When I lose control of my emotions, I lose control of my power. Loki is the only person strong enough to hold off my lightning." Thor reassured the man, before taking off his shirt and shoes and creeping into the water.

"Doctor Selvig, I would advise you to stand back slightly. Anything that comes into contact with the water may impact my brother's visions." Loki warned, holding his hand up and securing a shimmering barrier, protecting them. The man did so silently, and together, the two watched as Thor submerged. 

After a few minutes, Thor began to thrash in pain as threads of lighting sparked off him. Finally, the lightning seemed to fade. Loki erased the shield, before reaching out to Thor and pulling him out. Thor panted in shock, and exhaustion. "

Brother? What did you see?" Loki asked. 

Thor looked up at him. "I cannot describe it, for I do not know what they are."

"They? Thor, what on Odin's beard are you rambling on about?"

"Loki, I saw... gems, 6 of them. One of them was the Tesseract and your Sceptre. There was this red sludge which formed into a gem, along with a green, a purple, and orange stone too. They seemed to meld into a golden gauntlet of some kind."

 Loki paled. Thor, seeing this, looked concerned and whispered.

 "Brother, what is it?"

***************************************************************************************