22.

(I know, I know, this has been sLiGtHlY delayed, but Life's been busy. So, to make up for it, here's Loki's first Christmas, with a little EXTRA at the end ;) Thanks for reading and Enjoy!)

***************************************************************************************

Chapter Twenty-Two - Christmas Time, Mistletoe and Wine

***************************************************************************************

- 22nd December, 3 DAYS BEFORE CHRISTMAS :

Loki cackled as he watched The Avengers, Earth's Mightiest Heroes, the most well known team of the century, fall apart over a game

More specifically, Uno.

When Tony had suggested a game night, 3 days before Christmas, most people were happy to participate. The atmosphere of being around trusted friends and family members went flying out of the window as soon as Monopoly was brought out. 

Properties were bought, taxes were paid, decades-long friendships thought to be broken. 

 Loki won Monopoly - much to everyone's surprise. 

"It's always the quiet ones." Clint grumbled as Loki happily counted up his money.

Rhodey and Tony teamed up at charades and utterly demolished the competition.

That all seemed like child's play once Uno was placed on the table. 

Clint, Thor, Pepper, Rhodey, Hermione, Loki and Natasha had been left in the dust, their hands filled with so many cards, they had no hope of winning.  

Tony and Steve were the finalists, each holding two cards.

The air was tense, smelling of suspicion, anticipation and, in Thor's case, Poptarts, (though how the oaf had managed to gain yet another pack of the strangely tasty snacks, Loki did not know.)

It was Steve's go, Tony watching with baited breath.

Finally, Steve looked up, poker face on.

"Cap! No, don't do this! If you do this..." There was a moment's pause as Tony tried to think of a threat that would make Steve listen. "I won't make you any more motorbikes!" He yelled triumphantly.

Steve looked shocked and slightly sheepish. 

"Yeah! That's right, if you put down that card,  you're walking to the next mission." 

Steve, though slightly worried at the possibility of Tony actually going through with his threat, persevered.  "Uno." He whispered as he placed a +4 card onto the pile. 

Tony fell to the floor dramatically. "NOoOoOoOoO!"

***************************************************************************************

- 23rd December, Christmas Adam -

"ALRIGHT! WHOOO'S READY FOR MOVIE NIGHT? Christmas Edition!"

The team cheered in reply, all dressed in various articles of warm, comfy clothing. 

Loki was especially excited, this being his first 'movie night' since coming to Midgard, having decided to opt out most of the other times, curling up with a good novel in an armchair, or researching a particularly interesting branch of magic.

"Okay folks, we have 24 hours, plenty of snacks to last us at least 3 hours, maybe 4 if Walking Flag and Sparkles over there don't get greedy," Tony shot a look at Steve and Thor, who smiled sheepishly. "The big question is what to start with? Any suggestions?"