Chapter 2.

There's so much things to look forward to but waking up? Sunghoon feels the opposite.
Not only Sunghoon's body but his heart, and his mind is aching. Body pain can go away with just a rest but his troubled heart, and mind will continue to eat him alive within.

Jay opens the door and called him "Bro, we gotta eat. Today's the first day of the funeral. We have to attend."

He just replied a simple "K" and Jay don't want to pry any deeper than that, closes the door.

As soon as his friend was out of his sight, he suddenly spaced out. There were some things that he can't control and that's thinking and remembering every single moments that they have.

——(Flashback)

Looking back at it, Sunghoon's relationship started around when they were 12th grade. It was when the growth of puppy loves and infatuations. Sunghoon's different, he knows that. He never really cared about the gender or the sex of a person, he just saw them as a potential lover.

So when he saw Shania, it was like a love at first sight. Captivated by the beauty of that chick, lead to pursuing Shania. It was hard getting to know the girl. Shania had a wall surrounding herself, and the only way to break that wall is to be resilient.

Sunghoon didn't gave up. He was determined to prove something, and his friends were totally supportive about it. "Sunghoon, just go for it, she will eventually give in to you." Jay said to his friend. While Jake remained supportive in a sense of trying to remain positive and observing in the shadows.

Jake believes that it's beyond Sunghoon's strategy and the girls decision to make it work. He doesn't want to pry in someone's business unless if it's serious matters. That's why sometimes, Sunghoon confides more with Jake than Jay. Not that Sunghoon trusted Jake more, he trusted both of them equally, but Jake is a great listener. And sometimes a good listener is what we need.

Being said that, those qualities of Jake stands in the common ground of their friendship. Jay is one of a hell talkative while Sunghoon is a silent individual.

When Sunghoon got to hit Shania officially, they were happy for him. Hell, even Sunghoon celebrated about it. As soon as the girl wants to learn more about each other, it eventually leads to romantic development.

As time passes by, Sunghoon confessed to the girl and got accepted. Those were one of his happiest moments. It was like a struggle for him to get the girl. But then, It was all worth it. The struggles was worth the price or even exceeded.

Their relationship was great. Both of them went to many dates. Everything was going well. They also faced a lot of setbacks but one thing that Shania said was "It's not about who's going to apologize first, It's about being matured and communicating where we left off."

Those things made Sunghoon knew that Shania is one of a hell good person. He learned so much from him. From the trust, acceptance, and even the negative ones. They were both learning each other's strengths and weakness.

He wouldn't lie that their relationship wasn't all good and not bad. There were times that they were in the brink of breaking up. But still, they managed to fix the adversity and gets all along again.

He deeply loved Shania, but he wishes more that she would be childish at some moments. He kept on thinking how Shania's maturity is deflecting his own insecurities. Being said that, Sunghoon would get jealous when someone would hit on Shania, but obviously, when it's the other way around, Shania wouldn't make it a big deal and that her trust will rose above insecurities. Not that he hates it but it's good when your partners shows a side of them that you never saw.

He knows it's a personal problem. Not a Shania problem. He knows that Shania's maturity isn't the problem but his insecurity. But then Sunghoon got eventually tired and just dealt the situation with tolerance.

——-

After they graduated from grade 12. They were up against the selection of college courses. Sunghoon's decision will always include Shania, so whatever courses Shania would take, he would also like to partake in that.

While his childhood best friends chose a different course. Sunghoon and Shania chose Nursing. He actually doesn't regret it, because he knows himself that they both love Science, and is individually attached to the medicine. Jake and Jay chose Business Administration, for both of them, got businesses to inheret. As a matter of fact, the three of them are the rightfully heirs by their parents businesses. 

By the time, they were all in college. Things got hectic and even more with the stress from the studies, made the gap even bigger. Both of them struggled to find time to spend, or honestly speaking, Shania got hooked in something that Sunghoon wasn't aware of.

As months passed by, their relationship seems rocky at times, and going well in some moments. Nobody ever really cared about it. Even Sunghoon didn't even tried to meddle about what's the central point of the changes in their relationship.

Sunghoon didn't told anyone about their struggling relationship, if you look at the surface, they were happy and blessed, but closing enough would get you the glimpse of truthful misfortunes.

Sunghoon still love Shania, despite them being in a place where they weren't truthful at all times. Same can be said to Shania. It's just that something might've happened that Sunghoon failed to notice.

After the second semester, It was very evident that Shania was hooked on her phone. She was really invested on it. As much as Sunghoon wants to poke around, he doesn't want to be insinuated as immature. So he kept it in and forcing himself to trust her. It wasn't a choice, but rather- a need because his doubts will turn into a messy dreadful arguments.