Chapter 6

Phils office was in a tall green building, with six windows evenly spaced, and a tall blue door in the center. Each window had different colored curtains drawn and were framed with matching shudders. The building itself was in great shape, the paint wasn't overly faded or chipped and the colors made it inviting. The parking lot was empty, like it always was, save one red sports car. Phil's car.

We entered the building and a little bell above the door chimed announcing our arrival. The lobby was a square room painted with pink and white swirling patterns. There were five comfy arm chairs lined up against the wall to our right, to the left was a vacant wooden receptionist desk. I don't know if Phil has ever had a receptionist, but I can't remember anyone ever sitting there. I walked over to the white door behind the desk and twisted the silver knob. I looked back to the boys, "Follow me."

We walked through the door and into the cubby room. The cubby room had grey and light blue walls with dark blue rectangle cubby's along the wall in front of us. To our right were shelves of fidget toys, and a counter with a sink and drawers and cabinets. There was a blue mini fridge filled with waters and juices and sodas and there was a basket of snacks on the counter. To the left were curtained off areas for changing, the one on the left had a yellow curtain with my name sewn on in royal blue thread. The two next to it had plain grey curtains.

I threw my bag into a cubby and took off my shoes. I looked at the boys, watching them as they gaped at the room. I coughed, breaking the silence, "Do you guys need workout clothes, or did you bring gym clothes?"

Hades snapped his head to me, our eyes meeting. "We have gym clothes in our backpacks." He threw his backpack in the cubby next to mine and pulled out his clothes. Cadmus did the same.

I nodded to the changing area, "you can get changed in there, just leave your clothes on the stool. No-one else is coming today." I walked into my yellow curtain and slid it closed.

In my changing area was a shelf with a basket of clothes that I brought from home. I slipped off my leggings and t-shirt and slipped on Adidas spandex shorts and an oversized yellow shirt that fell loosely over them. Like a dress, but comfy. I folded my leggings and shirt and put them on the stool.

I walked out to find Cadmus and Hades waiting for me. Cadmus wore black basketball shorts and a white crew neck shirt that hugged his muscles just right. He wore black nike tennis shoes with white ankle high socks. Hades wore black basket ball shorts with a grey crew neck shirt and through it, you could see the lines of his abs. His chest stretched the material, and when he breathed I could see the movement of every muscle on is chest. He wore green tennis shoes with ankle high white socks.

I nodded towards the white door we used to enter the room. "Come with me." I left the room and went into the lobby. I took a sharp turn to the left and opened a red door with a golden handle. "This is the training room." I called back to the boys.

We entered the large space with a bouncy blue mat with a red circle in in the middle to form a sparring ring. To our right was a boxing ring with ropes, and next to that was an obstacle course with a jungle gym, tires to hop through, and ladders and ropes for climbing. To the left of the training ring were three punching bags, a shelf with gloves and drawers with hand wraps. The walls were all painted white with yellow and blue swirling patterns.

Phil was waiting for us in the center of the blue mat. He was a shorter man, probably 5'6". He had close shaven chocolate brown hair, and golden skin. His eyes were purple and filled with happiness and persistence. He was an average build, with broad shoulders and toned muscles. His face held wisdom with every wrinkle and he smiled at me with genuine appreciation. He wore a green fitted crew neck t shirt and grey sweat pants. His feet, like mine, were bare.